Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 6, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #78 of 10,222
If Chord was really business savvy they would strike a deal with Fiio and develop a DAP with them. Imagine something like the M11 with Chord's DAC in it. Or even better, do it with LG so I can also use my DAp to make phone calls :D
No they wouldn't. Chinese company would just reverse engineer it and create their own version. Not big on honouring patents etc.

Its also why Mojo didn't work with CCK with iPhone as Apple wanted full access to design to approve as a direct ISO sypport.

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #79 of 10,222
I just hope they re-tweak the battery supply so to help battery charging capacity death over time. At the very least a low battery power light to know when to charge on/off, to better manage charging performance. To many people have claimed poor battery health issues to a point of not holding a charge anywhere near original spec after repeated charging.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #80 of 10,222
I was thinking about getting a MOJO, considering the price they are at now ... my feeling is that Mojo 2 (or whatever) will be quite a price if and when it launches. What do Chord charge for a new battery for the current MOJO ? ... presumably this has to be done in the UK ?

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #82 of 10,222
I was thinking about getting a MOJO, considering the price they are at now ... my feeling is that Mojo 2 (or whatever) will be quite a price if and when it launches. What do Chord charge for a new battery for the current MOJO ? ... presumably this has to be done in the UK ?

I read that it is $200 for a new mojo battery.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #83 of 10,222
Thinking about a Mojo Poly, but it has been out so long. Hugo 2 is out, so I would expect a Mojo 2 one of these days.

Apr 19, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #84 of 10,222
Once more: I am hoping for a Mojo-Poly-all-in-one-combination in the size of the Mojo! :)

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #85 of 10,222
Once more: I am hoping for a Mojo-Poly-all-in-one-combination in the size of the Mojo! :)

Hugo 2 still has the 2Go, so I figure Chord will still have a Poly with Mojo 2.

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #86 of 10,222
Hugo 2 still has the 2Go, so I figure Chord will still have a Poly with Mojo 2.

But Mojo was the first to have the "2Go" (Poly), so maybe it is the first that does not need it anymore because finally it is integrated! :)

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #87 of 10,222
Yeah, a DAP from Chord would be the cat's meow. But, I would want hardware MQA support and Chord seems very unlikely to deliver that.

BTW I have had my Mojo for several years and it spent about a year plugged in to a constant USB charge and the last month charging whenever the PC was on. Still runs fine in play+charge mode. I don't use it portably.

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #88 of 10,222
Yeah, a DAP from Chord would be the cat's meow. But, I would want hardware MQA support and Chord seems very unlikely to deliver that.

BTW I have had my Mojo for several years and it spent about a year plugged in to a constant USB charge and the last month charging whenever the PC was on. Still runs fine in play+charge mode. I don't use it portably.
But it sounds better running on dc vs ac, the idea behind the Mojo‘s sound quality along with its portability. This is why good power supplies matter greatly when using ac.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #89 of 10,222
I'd prefer Chord to deliver what they're great at rather than dabbling in software and UI. Just give us a great form-factor, great-sounding DAC with USB-c, good battery, and hi-res bluetooth capability.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #90 of 10,222
I just wonder if it worth buying Mojo and Poly now is just wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back