Chord Hugo
Nov 25, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #14,132 of 15,688
I love my Hugo, but I find myself wondering if Chord is ever going to release an upgraded version, something with even better sound (sorry Mojo!) and ergonomics. 

If Chord won't, I feel fine about giving my money to other companies. I wonder who will? Any contenders out there for audiophile-quality portable DACs? 

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #14,133 of 15,688
  I love my Hugo, but I find myself wondering if Chord is ever going to release an upgraded version, something with even better sound (sorry Mojo!) and ergonomics. 

If Chord won't, I feel fine about giving my money to other companies. I wonder who will? Any contenders out there for audiophile-quality portable DACs? 

I've been wondering this myself. I find Hugo's sound vastly superior to Mojo's, but its quirks annoy me. I would love a smaller Hugo that remembers input, volume and crossfeed settings. The option to turn off all the lights would also be welcome!

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #14,134 of 15,688

I've been wondering this myself. I find Hugo's sound vastly superior to Mojo's, but its quirks annoy me. I would love a smaller Hugo that remembers input, volume and crossfeed settings. The option to turn off all the lights would also be welcome!

Chord (unless it was Rob Watts instead) stated many months ago that there would be no Hugo V2.

Only @Mojo ideas can tell you if the Chord strategy has changed, but even if the strategy has changed, he may not be able to reveal anything commercially sensitive in advance.

It is probably best to wait for all the new Chord  product news which will be revealed at CES in Jan.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #14,136 of 15,688
guys, an upgraded hugo is the hugo tt.  a smaller hugo is the mojo.  they'd have to split their lines into 1,000 different products for us to be happy,
but NOT portaaaable.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #14,138 of 15,688
Nov 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #14,140 of 15,688

+ Auto shut off feature and I'd be inline to buy Hugo mk2

I'd been wondering and still am about getting a Hugo. These points though are quite interesting.

The Mojo however remembering volume can be equally an issue under certain circumstances. When I select line-level which the Mojo does not remember, I reduce it a few clicks. This means my personal line-level of about 2.0V is remembered. Then sometimes I will plug in headphones, and nearly deafen myself.

The DACs above Mojo with relevant sockets really need to separate headphone and RCA out. Meaning when you implement line level on say the Hugo or the Hugo TT. Not every output is set to max. Leave headphone outputs at the level headphones were last working, but disengage them altogether. Meaning line-level only sends line-level out of the RCA, and all other outputs are off. ..This however would imply more a static DAC rather than a portable I guess. It's safer though all round.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #14,142 of 15,688
I have found the culprit.  My lightning to micro USB cable was bought off eBay from a Russian vendor.  That thing is dead.

Thanks for replying, sir.

Made in Hong Kong, no issues.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #14,145 of 15,688

Users who are viewing this thread

Back