Chord Hugo
Mar 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,321 of 15,691
Rudi - I just got mine last Fri and I can confirm that there is no diff from the original pic found online and the one I am having now. I asked the dealer and they told me this is latest chassis they got from Chord. I am as puzzle as anyone here.

So no one has got the new chassis ? or there is no such new chassis after all. By any chance if anyone one who has got the new chassis care to post a few pic here. - Thanks AW

There are few if any new chassis in the wild. We have to date only received original chassis. It is clear if you have New chassis as area around stereo rca is different to original chassis.

Regards

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #1,322 of 15,691
Rudi - I just got mine last Fri and I can confirm that there is no diff from the original pic found online and the one I am having now. I asked the dealer and they told me this is latest chassis they got from Chord. I am as puzzle as anyone here.

So no one has got the new chassis ? or there is no such new chassis after all. By any chance if anyone one who has got the new chassis care to post a few pic here. - Thanks AW

My local chord indonesia told me , that I should receive my new chassis in 4 weeks time

I hope they change if not , I am very pity sold mine and get the same unit :D

Please post your Hugo RCA and Coax here , maybe I know yours is new or not ?

Below from my first edition Hugo :

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #1,327 of 15,691

robert-downey-jr-600.jpg

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,330 of 15,691
As a Hugo early adopter I've accepted the RCA connector restriction - which incidentally isn't nearly as onerous as some have stated - and simply enjoyed the units superlative sound quality.

I do think that Chord have made something of a customer service faux pas by not directly contributing to this thread, as there has been lots of misinformation and false claims made about the revised chassis availability, all of which could have been avoided by clear pronouncements from a Chord representative. That said, whatever chassis your Hugo eventually comes with you're in for a sonic treat, so just enjoy the music!

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #1,331 of 15,691
As a Hugo early adopter I've accepted the RCA connector restriction - which incidentally isn't nearly as onerous as some have stated - and simply enjoyed the units superlative sound quality.

I do think that Chord have made something of a customer service faux pas by not directly contributing to this thread, as there has been lots of misinformation and false claims made about the revised chassis availability, all of which could have been avoided by clear pronouncements from a Chord representative. That said, whatever chassis your Hugo eventually comes with you're in for a sonic treat, so just enjoy the music!

You are absolutely right about Hugo's sound. I'm an early adopter too and continue to be be gobsmacked by the beautiful sound quality. Listening now to Kenny Clarke's "Sax No End" album in FLAC via Qobuz through iPod Touch via CCK/USB to Hugo to TH900s (blimey, that sounds complicated). Awesome: rich, detailed, involving, spacious. To anyone still awaiting their Hugo, your patience will be rewarded!

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,332 of 15,691
You are absolutely right about Hugo's sound. I'm an early adopter too and continue to be be gobsmacked by the beautiful sound quality. Listening now to Kenny Clarke's "Sax No End" album in FLAC via Qobuz through iPod Touch via CCK/USB to Hugo to TH900s (blimey, that sounds complicated). Awesome: rich, detailed, involving, spacious. To anyone still awaiting their Hugo, your patience will be rewarded!

I would have bought a HUGO since a long time IF there was a "matching"  Chord "source" to go with the HUGO !  

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #1,333 of 15,691
I would have bought a HUGO since a long time IF there was a "matching"  Chord "source" to go with the HUGO !  

I'm enjoying Qobuz so much I would see my static collection as a fall-back option only now. There's so much great music on there (ALL lossless) I am having a wonderful time enjoying seemingly unlimited variety. Never going back. Signed up for a year....

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #1,334 of 15,691
I'm enjoying Qobuz so much I would see my static collection as a fall-back option only now. There's so much great music on there (ALL lossless) I am having a wonderful time enjoying seemingly unlimited variety. Never going back. Signed up for a year....

I agree with you, I also have a subscription to Qobuz, but....you need to have your HUGO connected (by USB) to a laptop ?  This is not a very portable solution !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back