Chord Hugo
Feb 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #496 of 15,691
I was tempted to get the HUGO but I finaly won't because of Lack of appropriante source ( iPad/iPhone & Sony: not enough capacity, Ak100/120 & X5: don't Like their UI, AK240: too expensive, CALYX... No digital OUT).
I totally agree.

So...I really believe that CHORD should release à transport ( no Dac no Amp) "companion" to the HUGO ( same form factor, lot of Memory, gorgeous UI With 5" screen, good playlist management, DSD support, coax + optical + USB out ).

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #497 of 15,691
The first portable DAC that takes ALL digital inputs and we then rant on there is no capable portable transport. LoL
Maybe Chord is ahead of time...

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #498 of 15,691
Can I use my iPod classic 2013 model to link up to the chord hugo?

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #499 of 15,691
Can I use my iPod classic 2013 model to link up to the chord hugo?

Well you can't, at least not directly. You would need something like a Solo -db in between (for converting digital audio to SPDIF)

P.S.: I am not aware there's a 2013 model of iPC

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #500 of 15,691
Thanks Peking duck, meant I bought it in 2013 not sure what generation it is, my phone contract is finished end of this month so I might as well get the iPhone 5s, use that to link directly to the Hugo, nothing is ever straight forward with portable gear.

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #501 of 15,691
I was tempted to get the HUGO but I finaly won't because of Lack of appropriante source ( iPad/iPhone & Sony: not enough capacity, Ak100/120 & X5: don't Like their UI, AK240: too expensive, CALYX... No digital OUT).

So...I really believe that CHORD should release à transport ( no Dac no Amp) "companion" to the HUGO ( same form factor, lot of Memory, gorgeous UI With 5" screen, good playlist management, DSD support, coax + optical + USB out ).

+1. 500G storage SSD + SD, 15+ hours battery life and a great music player interface (e.g. Audirvana) with desktop library management and some sort of mobile dock to tie with the Hugo. I'll pay dearly for this!

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #505 of 15,691
Never going to happen since models are based on capacity.

Correct, especially given how much Apple gouges for the minimal cost of increased capacity. Shame though, 128gb microSD available from tomorrow!

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #506 of 15,691

I do not understand.. the Hugo makes close to everything possible (except for some cable vendors because of the recessed inputs that they are supposed to fix) and you can't make any use of it?

I will use an iDevice with my Hugo to be and have a 1TB Seagate Wireless Pro (NAS) wirelessly attached.. and quite a big FLAC library with 24/192 will be no problem at all.
And DSD can be embedded in FLAC files so DSD can be played natively on the Hugo as well (I have not tried it myself, but it should work).
What more do you need?

For me the sound quality is the most important and nothing out there in portable audio comes even close to the Hugo.. and you do not want to enjoy that?
Because of storage limitations on an iDevice? Beats me..

Feb 24, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #507 of 15,691
Have you recieved a Hugo batch with the new and improved chassis?
And have you tried different RCA, toslink, coax cables with it?
And the most important part.. have you found any decent cables that fits?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi, all current stock that is being sent has the revised chassis! Unfortunately we have been unable to try the revised chassis as yet with different cables as the units we have had in have all been reserved for customers!

As soon as I have a demonstrator I shall try a wide range of cables on it for you. :)

EDIT:We have got a few of the older style chassis and are hoping to receive improved chassis units soon.

These higher quality RCA plugs will fit!

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #508 of 15,691

Hi, all current stock that is being sent has the revised chassis! Unfortunately we have been unable to try the revised chassis as yet with different cables as the units we have had in have all been reserved for customers!

As soon as I have a demonstrator I shall try a wide range of cables on it for you. :)

Thanks! I am so looking forward to it! :)

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #509 of 15,691
I do not understand.. the Hugo makes close to everything possible (except for some cable vendors because of the recessed inputs that they are supposed to fix) and you can't make any use of it?

I will use an iDevice with my Hugo to be and have a 1TB Seagate Wireless Pro (NAS) wirelessly attached.. and quite a big FLAC library with 24/192 will be no problem at all.
And DSD can be embedded in FLAC files so DSD can be played natively on the Hugo as well (I have not tried it myself, but it should work).
What more do you need?

For me the sound quality is the most important and nothing out there in portable audio comes even close to the Hugo.. and you do not want to enjoy that?

agree, but this is a 3 pieces set-up.  

Imagine (dream) a transport of the same size than the HUGO that will attach (clip) under the HUGO !  It may even use some proprietary connection between the HUGO and the Transport to avoid cables.  

--> This will be a hell of  a SINGLE Piece brick.  

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #510 of 15,691

What more do you need?

Do you have Hugo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back