Chord Hugo
Feb 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #287 of 15,688
Cool thanks. According to the specs it does dsd and 24/192 from an iPhone. Well that's new if it does. Has anyone confirmed this. iPhone 5 and on ? Also what adaptor does it need for an iPhone.

Al

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #289 of 15,688
Cool thanks. According to the specs it does dsd and 24/192 from an iPhone. Well that's new if it does. Has anyone confirmed this. iPhone 5 and on ? Also what adaptor does it need for an iPhone.

Al

seeteeyou wrote this n Calyx M thread:

To connect iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch 5 and M just for wireless streaming from NAS or any massive drives, iOS 7.x is definitely required (iPhone/iPod Touch 5) in addition to CCK.

The stock player is part of iOS and that's gonna resample no matter what. That's why we've gotta pay 10 bucks for Onkyo HF Player with DSD / DoP native output to M. But it's only good for files stored inside the 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage at the moment.

We could also go for Seagate Wireless Plus 1 TB and stream our lossless files (up to 24/192) natively without that resample problem

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702787/chord-hugo/270#post_10265046

I hope that's gonna clear things up and explain the differences between stock player -vs- 3rd party app as well as MFi output -vs- Camera Connection Kit output.

I have also ordered Hugo... hopefully, it can end the portable gear game a bit and let me focus on other stuff..

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #291 of 15,688
Did you guys already mention that:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/chord-hugo-mobile-dacheadphone-amp

Apologies if it was already posted...

For the record.. I really appreciated this! 
biggrin.gif

From the review:
[Editor's note. Chord responded to this issue with the following: "Chord Electronics prides itself on the use of a high-quality local company for its casework. Our casework is ordered in very small batches and having the metalwork supplier within five miles of the Chord factory, gives us extraordinary control over production and quality, and gives us the ability to make immediate changes. Therefore, we will be making some minor modifications to Hugo to allow for the larger RCA cables associated with high-quality home-use applications."]

And that is good news for us.. at least for me! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #293 of 15,688
Is moon audio shipping to USA ?
Also who has one already. I really would like to know about the dsd and PCM above the 16/88.2 threshold. I know I am a broken record and I will post in some other places
To confirm. But keep this in mind apple has LISC agreements and that effects everything if we use it as a player. Now for me I will most likely be using my hibino as a transport
With coax. So I then wonder what about dsd. So I will play and see. Any idea on battery life.?

Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #295 of 15,688
Wow that all anyone needs to know.
That so kind of you it should be a sticky.
There is south misinformation about there
I did get what I posted directly from cypher labs
Dave himself. Thanks I will save this post
As gold in this. As for the DSD I really don't mind converting to flac
No compression as I do not think IEMS have anywhere near the resolution
For it to matter anyway. As I have speakers headphones and
Assorted IEMS. They are lower than all else give it's all top shelf
People assume the IEMS are the best ever
And they are for portability and stage performing
But headphones beat them out in all ways
And speakers if setup properly beats headphones in some ways
I use headphones to tune my speaker rigs
As they are a good reference point. But when I listen to music on the speakers
There much more to hear.
Big thanks
Al

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #296 of 15,688
I'm not sure why the Calyx-M is being mentioned in this Hugo thread, since it lacks wireless capability (this was originally specified but subsequently removed in order to make room for a fullsize SD slot), and (unless the Calyx team decide to surprise us at the last minute, which is highly doubtful), also lacks a digital out (optical or co-ax).

Cheers.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #299 of 15,688
Hi,

Guess I must be posting in the wrong sections and not getting a good reply. Might be my ignorance of electronics: But;

Would adding an external amp e.g. alo rx-mk3b add anything to drive demanding cans? e.g he-6

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back