Chord Hugo
Sep 18, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #8,251 of 15,688
I feel your pain, I am considering both units as the designers dedication to singleness of purpose is very impressive. The guys I have spoken to who have heard the pair say it's the most analog sounding digital gear they have heard and takes computer audio to new level.

Might have to find a way to get one for a listen....

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #8,252 of 15,688
Could somebody please offer me some advice about bi-amping the Hugo? 

I'm currently bi-amping the Hugo with the Taurus Mk2 to drive some power hungry cans, and I was wondering if there was an optimum volume setting for the Hugo with this setup or should I just go by whatever sounds good? I know the Hugo volume knob can't go too high because things begin to distort. I've currently got the Hugo volume at green/default.

Any advice is much appreciated. Apologies if this is an ignorant question. Just a relative noob here with lots to learn.  

Thanks!

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #8,253 of 15,688
NICE,

Let's call it  "Black Ops Special Edition".  I would say very nondescript or stealth but with the light show the Hugo puts on it's not really the case.  It should look nice with the black leather case. Phil take some pics with the Black Hugo and the Black leather case combo.  Does it have that "sparkle" like the sliver case or is it more of a mat finish?  When is this "bad-boy" going to be available in the US of A?
-Speed...

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #8,254 of 15,688
My dealer e-mailed me and said apparently there is a new AQ Cinnamon Micro USB cable with a smaller connector that fits the Hugo and would exchange it for me.
Off course he e-mailed me after I'd already butchered mine to make it fit!  
rolleyes.gif

For those that are looking for a usb cable, You may want to investigate.

-- Sanjay

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #8,255 of 15,688
Sep 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #8,257 of 15,688
  NICE,

Let's call it  "Black Ops Special Edition".  I would say very nondescript or stealth but with the light show the Hugo puts on it's not really the case.  It should look nice with the black leather case. Phil take some pics with the Black Hugo and the Black leather case combo.  Does it have that "sparkle" like the sliver case or is it more of a mat finish?  

it is a completely 'satin matt' finish with no sparkly bits, it feels different in the hand as well imo, hth.

I think silver looks better. Can we have a gold one please to go with my iPhone??!!!

Chord actually do a gold-plated Chordette range... worth a thought...
normal_smile .gif

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #8,258 of 15,688
Day #2

Thought people would like to know I can confirm the Hugo works with iphone 5 using the lightning USB camera cable (I'm guessing that iPads are not an issue as well).
Software player used is an Onkyo HF and have been able to output 24/192 and DSD64 into the Hugo (the Hugo lights up with the expected color for that format)!!
Have not tried this with an Android device but assume if I could get it to work with an iOS device the Android should be much easier...

Will get to SQ at some point but thought that this was significant enough --> Anyone with a smart phone now has an instant music server.
Now if we could load it up with 256GB or memory..
works fine with ipad and will even run through the hq usb port. Android works fine, or at least my galaxy 10.1 and htc m1 8 do, but I personally thought the ipad sounded better. My Naim sounds even better though!

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #8,261 of 15,688
If Darth Vader had a portable DAC/Amp...this would be it.  

Anakin you silly boy, post your selfie over at the portable thread will ya please? :D

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #8,262 of 15,688
Mine arrives tomorrow in Silver.  Although I like the black, I prefer silver/white gear.  I hate looking at the damn Fed Ex and seeing it is in my city tonight but cannot have it until tomorrow.  Oh well!

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #8,263 of 15,688
  Mine arrives tomorrow in Silver.  Although I like the black, I prefer silver/white gear.  I hate looking at the damn Fed Ex and seeing it is in my city tonight but cannot have it until tomorrow.  Oh well!

Its well worth the wait :)

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #8,264 of 15,688
John Franks and I will indeed be visiting Taiwan. Our schedule is:

24 Sep Tokyo International Audio Show, where John and I will be giving some talks.
26 Sep  South Korea.
29 Sep Taiwan.
1 Oct Hong Kong.

If any Head-fiers would like to meet us, please contact your local Chord distributor for details of public events.
Rob 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back