Chord Hugo
Sep 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #8,026 of 15,688

You are missing the point somehow. As all the research done by qualified Professionals point to the fact that people cannot not hear the difference between 16bit and 24 bit  audio in a blind  A/B listening test. I think is kind of wishful thinking. You want it to sound better - so it does for you.
However what the research also revealed is that it really matters how well the music has been mastered regardless of the resolution. ...

There you go.

Can you point me to some of those research?

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #8,028 of 15,688
My recommendation is to NOT continue a "is hirez music a scam" or "can we really hear 24/192" discussion here on this great product thread, but instead start another discussion (or join several dozen already in progress here, on CA, on Audio Asylum, etc).   My experience with these kinds of bits-is-bits arguments is that they don't end well, and that in no way will Hugo knowledge be rewarded or furthered with the tangents.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #8,030 of 15,688
For those who interested in buying the Hugo, I'm selling mine for $2000 AUD in Australia. Just let you know. :wink:

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #8,031 of 15,688
For those who interested in buying the Hugo, I'm selling mine for $2000 AUD in Australia. Just let you know.
wink.gif

Arent we specifically forbidden from this style of post - just letting you know  :wink:

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #8,032 of 15,688
  My recommendation is to NOT continue a "is hirez music a scam" or "can we really hear 24/192" discussion here on this great product thread, but instead start another discussion (or join several dozen already in progress here, on CA, on Audio Asylum, etc).   My experience with these kinds of bits-is-bits arguments is that they don't end well, and that in no way will Hugo knowledge be rewarded or furthered with the tangents.

Good point - I posted something positive about my experience with 24/96 but should have realised that it would only go downhill from there. I'm big enough to admit it was a mistake and I apologise for derailing the thread.

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #8,035 of 15,688
during my brief sabbatical I found a great Review by Malcolm Steward a big fan of another famed brand... who'd of thought huh, link: http://www.topaudiogear.com/index.php/review-chord-hugo-dacheadphone-amplifier/

in other news, I was watching a old Star-Trek film the other night featuring an old adversary which made me wonder if Chord were the new Borg 'cept with a slightly different catch-phrase... 'assimilate or Hugo'...
wink_face.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #8,036 of 15,688
  Would someone from the US mind posting a picture of the wall wart?  (Or at least describe the specs and brand listed on its label?)

Here

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #8,040 of 15,688
  during my brief sabbatical I found a great Review by Malcolm Steward a big fan of another famed brand... who'd of thought huh, link: http://www.topaudiogear.com/index.php/review-chord-hugo-dacheadphone-amplifier/

in other news, I was watching a old Star-Trek film the other night featuring an old adversary which made me wonder if Chord were the new Borg 'cept with a slightly different catch-phrase... 'assimilate or Hugo'...
wink_face.gif

On behalf of Rob, myself and everyone else with the Watts surname, I have to object to Malcolm's proofreading - that, or he simply doesn't understand that the possessive form isn't 'Watt's' ...... nitpicking, I know, but I believe he's paid to write, non ? The remainder of  the review is in complete contrast to Purrin's curt dismissal of the Hugo as even being worthy of his time and effort - horses for courses. Not one magazine reviewer has had an issue with the sonics - not even a 'damned with faint praise' style review. As for the Borg, 7 of 9 is the only member of the collective to ever hold my attention !

A key element of Watt’s design is the WTA (Watts Transient Aligned) digital filter that aims to preserve and accurately reconstruct the timing of music with respect to the human ear’s phenomenal sensitivity to time differences of less than 5 µseconds, which are smaller than one quarter of the standard CD sampling rate of 22µS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back