Chord Hugo
Jul 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #6,211 of 15,688
Just received the Greenkey USB Isolator from Firestone Audio. Initial impressions are very, very favourable!
Need to spend more time listening to substantiate my feeling that music sounds less forced, smoother and more spacious... in a word, bloody lovely! (OK, two words)

I'll be very interested to hear long term impressions.Do use a particular USB cable?

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #6,212 of 15,688

Unfortunately they won't ship to Australia :frowning2: will have to try and get one sent via England, does this help clean up the RF USB issues Rob W has mentioned in his posts?

I'll need to report back after more listening. It could be that my ears are "on song" today and it's just coincidental (is it just me that has off days occasionally?).

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #6,215 of 15,688
  I'm using the Vertere D-Fi USB A to Micro USB cable. I find this a noticeable improvement on cheapo cables or adapters. I'll report back later on the consistency of what I'm hearing today (but it's still all good...).

it would be great if u can also tell us how u find the sq difference bwteen stock usb cable and the vertere, is it really worth it spending money on expensive cables not for durability but for sq improvement 

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #6,216 of 15,688
Haha, great.
I've been advised by good friends that I should sell mine and get the newer version. Really try to avoid the trouble if no perceivable sonic benefits...

i believe you should not believe him and stick to ur unit.

DO u really that even is there is a a tiny bit improvement that its worth it u lose money on it

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #6,217 of 15,688
I know it sounds stupid but aluminum foil over the stock cable makes a difference same with any power cord. It improves it and it's about the same with exotic cables. At least with usb and power cables. I think this is the primary point of the better ones is shielding . I will post a pic and sound change when I can. But it is funny how we spend really good money for a device that greatly improves our musical experience and then have to spend more to make it better. The improvement is there but not worth the money laid out. For anyone hear have the other half switch them out and see if anyone can pick the correct one out. Changing cpu or even the type Mac or PC makes a far bigger improvement and yet we are talking about cables not cpu ,s. As a group our
findings are clearly skewed at spending more money and looks and not just the sound . Lastly the green thing looks cool but if it does anything with the + 5 volts as I I think , it will have no inpack at all. Again lets do a blind test here to prove a point. . Although me having a glowing thiggy in my bag besides the iphone and hugo glowing hey it's damn circus going on seems funny .

Al

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #6,218 of 15,688
I know it sounds stupid but aluminum foil over the stock cable makes a difference same with any power cord. It improves it and it's about the same with exotic cables. At least with usb and power cables. I think this is the primary point of the better ones is shielding . I will post a pic and sound change when I can. But it is funny how we spend really good money for a device that greatly improves our musical experience and then have to spend more to make it better. The improvement is there but not worth the money laid out. For anyone hear have the other half switch them out and see if anyone can pick the correct one out. Changing cpu or even the type Mac or PC makes a far bigger improvement and yet we are talking about cables not cpu ,s. As a group our
findings are clearly skewed at spending more money and looks and not just the sound . Lastly the green thing looks cool but if it does anything with the + 5 volts as I I think , it will have no inpack at all. Again lets do a blind test here to prove a point. . Although me having a glowing thiggy in my bag besides the iphone and hugo glowing hey it's damn circus going on seems funny .

Al

for me if a real real sq difference is heard by changing usb cables then i would support buying one

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #6,219 of 15,688
Curious SER number please ?? And fir the record I do beleave there is a difference but it may not be sound only other terms stated. You could maybe find someone witha newer model ne'er you . Also has it occurred to anyone maybe the older unit s. Sounded better. Hahahaha. It's the old burn argument. If it's true him come it always gets better .

Al

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #6,220 of 15,688
Just received the Greenkey USB Isolator from Firestone Audio. Initial impressions are very, very favourable!
Need to spend more time listening to substantiate my feeling that music sounds less forced, smoother and more spacious... in a word, bloody lovely! (OK, two words)

Since this is limited to 24/96, do you use the SD input or the HD?

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #6,222 of 15,688

Al

I'm not trying (or going) to prove a point to anyone; just sharing my experiences. Feel free to disregard the green thingy.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #6,223 of 15,688
Anyone in the UK looking to open up the selection of USB cables,this might do the trick
81sE9OMEn6L._SX385_.jpg

41cy7cYrRxL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
31kR1TG02WL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
41t0IY6SZiL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg

Roll over image to zoom in
Share your own customer images

StarTech Micro USB to USB B Adapter M/F

by STARTECH.COM

Be the first to review this item

RRP:​
£3.59
Price:​
£3.41 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £10. Details
You Save:​
£0.18 (5%)

This item is available because of the Add-on programme

The Add-on programme allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to dispatch on their own. These items are dispatched with qualifying orders of £10 or more, and are eligible for free delivery. Details

Only 1 left in stock (more on the way).
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Want it by 1pm tomorrow, 8 July? Add it to a qualifying order within 3 hrs 21 mins and chooseExpress Delivery at checkout. Details 

1. A cost-effective solution for syncing and charging Micro USB devices using a Mini USB cable
  2. Easy to use and install
  3. Backed by StarTech.com's lifetime warranty
  4. Lightweight, convenient to carry
  5. Reduces cable clutter

› See more product details

36 new from £0.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back