1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Hugo

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by harmonix, Jan 28, 2014.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. pekingduck
    Not exactly Hugo-related but I thought it was fun to watch. I wonder if the Hugo is built to the same standard?

Mython likes this.
  2. CosmicHolyGhost
    After demo Hugo and watched that youtube, I seriously suspect the folks at Chord are from outer space.

3. Mimouille
    Thank you Sir, will reward you with impressions :)

4. Mimouille
    Thanks man...I hope to streamline DAPs after.

5. woodcans

Have you used it with the TU-05 yet?

6. jamato8 Contributor
    I have a bit of an ouch here in Alaska. Will have to den with the bears to keep warm. 

7. spkrs01

No, not tried with the ASP TU-05.

It is my friend's Hugo. I don't have one, and probably won't buy one as I cannot find uses for it to justify purchase.

8. Crashem
    Any suggestions on how to get one in USA from international dealer/distributor? Just found out local one won't have one for me in at least a month which really means 2 months or more.

9. Mimouille
    Congrats...use your 901, it will keep you warm for cheap :wink:

10. barbes
    Custom Cable in the UK got me mine. They were good to deal with.

11. alcyst

Update: got around to trying different combinations of files and devices. I tried files on the AK100 & an iPad (using Ampliflac & a Lightning-USB connector). The Hugo shows the 192k & 176k files and the sound is good using the iPad-Ampliflac, the AK100 was fine on 44kHz & below, struggles on 96k files, and seems to output nothing on 192k files. I tried 32Gb & 64Gb cards, no difference.

12. alcyst

Don't know if it is the same issue (I'm not familiar with the technical terms), my AK100 outputs 96k files (AIFF & FLAC) in garbled form, and produces nothing with higher res FLAC files. Pity, it doesn't have a problem with 2x 64Gb SD cards.

13. alcyst

Nope, mine struggles on anything from about 76k up, and refuses on 176k & 192k. I have the current firmware, maybe they are different hardware versions.

14. Audiowood
    Hey guys, any more impression, so far I have heard its super duper awesome & rival desktop Dac of any price and wipe the portable DAP/Dac/Amp off the floor sparkling clean... so far I like what I read..and even the all new AK240 is not its match so far..

How does it sound like?  How is it compared to your other reference gear.. how is the bass/Mid/treble, is it warmth or analytical, sound stage, detail PRAT etc..

Thanks Folks

15. harmonix

Well not any price - it loses to emm Dac2x, dcs stack, light harmonic da Vinci.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last