1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Hugo

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by harmonix, Jan 28, 2014.
First

Back
1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027
1029 1030 1031 1032 1033
Next

Last
  1. montanari
    sorry guys a little question
    if i switch on pushing the button for just line out dac the color is kind of white, if then i move the volume, and then put back to white color, is still like line out?
    or I need to switch it off and then on pushing the button again?
    don t know if the question is clear..

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. x RELIC x Contributor
    Nothing is changed in line-out mode regarding hardware, it’s a volume preset, so if you go back to where it was before you changed it then it would have the same output.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    montanari likes this.
  3. fiascogarcia
    Used mine with an LC amp for a good long time, and actually found the SQ to be better with the volume level at the blue/green level rather than the white (full volume) level. You should play around with that and see what you prefer with your chosen amp. IMO

Nik74 likes this.
  4. montanari
    No way
    I tried to control the volume of a power amp and the quality was degraded

5. Triode User
    Which particular power amp if you don’t mind me asking.

6. montanari
    Norma revo 150

7. fiascogarcia
    Quick clarification, I set the volume roller on Hugo to Blue/green, then used the amp volume control to adjust the volume from there.

8. montanari
    Yes. Better in White
    Maybe in your amp has to do with the higher voltage of the hugo (3v over the more tipica 2v)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    fiascogarcia likes this.
  9. Triode User
    Thanks. I asked because when I had a Hugo I tried to connect it direct to my tube power amp and the quality deteriorated with loose bass and not great mid or treble clarity. Using a preamp or passive TVC preamp cleared that up aa long as I had the Hugo on Dac output level or higher.

10. montanari
    Yes here too
    I also have an exasound e22 and the quality doesnt deteriorate as much as from The hugo

Triode User likes this.
  11. Darksoul
    I know Rob the-man-himself Watts said that adding an amp after the Hugo would just be detrimental to the already near perfect sound reproduction the Hugo is delivering, and I'm a mere guy who loves listening to music, and I also agree Hugo's reproduction is flawless. But, excuse and forgive me, I just HAD to put an amp after the Hugo to add a bit of color and imperfections to the sound. My choice of marring? a Violectric V200 amp, the extra power does wonders for the low end of my headphones and 570mW at 600 Ohms from the V200 are more than the 35mW at 600 Ohms from the Hugo.

I see it like this, the Hugo gives the cleanest possible signal, the best possible starting position for you to add; or not, to your preferred sound. Thanks Rob for delivering perfection, but I like some dirt in my music hehe.

fiascogarcia and montanari like this.
  12. chesebert
    Hugo’s digital end is not flawless/perfect and the amp section is not sufficient to drive some headphones (at least all the ones I have).

montanari likes this.
  13. heo44
    Yes, I agree with you, the best setting for my rig is Hugo line out mode on dark blue. If i go higher (white color -at a default level), the sound won't be clean and has a distortion. Firstly, I try to find the most optimization line out level for my desk amp (Burson Soloist mk2) because the manual didn't said anything about line in level for this amp so I have to play with it.

14. heo44
    As far as I concerned about this, I think the line out ( from green to blue, 1.8V to 2.2V) should be for solid state amp and the higher (white around 3V or above)for tube amp.
    Hope it can help you,

15. xXOnGXx
    I'm thinking of getting another power supply/charger for my hugo. It originally came with 11v 1.0a charger, just wondering does a 12v 0.5a work in this case as I can't seems to find a 11v 1.0a replacement? Need some advice here. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
First

Back
1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027
1029 1030 1031 1032 1033
Next

Last