1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Hugo

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by harmonix, Jan 28, 2014.
First

Back
1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026
1028 1029 1030 1031
Next

Last
  1. Nik74
    I m waiting for the holiday period to pass then I ll hand it to my dealer to sort out. Probably the new battery or something has gone unsoldered so it won’t be difficult to fix
    Fingers crossed because even with the Qutest being the heart of my rig , I really enjoy the Hugo specially for watching movies with my partner because of the multiple headphone outputs .

PhilW likes this.
  2. JaZZ Contributor
    I only used the single BNC output for the test – or so I believed. But after consulting the manual it turns out that I've used one of the dual-BNC outputs instead. :flushed: Thus sorry for the confusion!

Finally with the correct connection: Yes, even the Hugo benefits a lot from the M Scaler, despite just half a million taps. There's an enhanced sense of space and better instrument separation, higher resolution, more detail, more realism.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    maxh22 likes this.
  3. edwardsean
    Hi. My Hugo 1 battery died. I don't really use it so I don't want to send it in. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement battery that fits in the US? I'd like to just do it myself.

4. fiascogarcia
    You might contact Moon Audio. They will do the battery replacement (which might require soldering?), but I'm not sure if they would ship a battery out. Worth an inquiry at least.

5. miketlse
    The battery will require soldering, so contact Moon, or Chord support, and ask their advice how to proceed.

6. edwardsean
    Thanks so much for the replies! I got in contact with Chord and Moon and they did set me up with a replacement service. As I mentioned I don’t use the Hugo much so I’d rather not pay the fee. I do my own soldering so I’m hoping that someone has found a source for a replacement battery that fits.

7. miketlse
    In that case this forum thread may help.
    https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/chord-hugo-battery-replacement.212701/

8. heo44
    Anyone using Intona Isolator USB with Hugo 1 ??
    There are few thoughts after i listen a Intona Standard version.

After listening in few hours, It seems like Intona put a thin layer on the sound that doesn't mean the sound is dull or not clear. Normally, I will get tired after listening around 1 hour but with Intona it feel like more relax.
    Its not like a thin layer, it feel like the sound a little bit recess.
    My setup : laptop - supra usb cable - Intona - Audioquest coffee cable - Hugo - Rs2e

9. Jawed
    Try optical into Hugo direct, if you can, from your laptop.

10. styler Contributor
    i'm having a curious problem with my HugoTT. i use it with Ayre AX-5 Twenty and every so often when i change the volume on the Ayre with its remote it causes the Hugo TT to switch inputs. when this first started happening i could simply go to the Hugo TT and change input back - no big deal. however, last time this happened changing input back didnt work... weird. it still works BUT although i am feeding sound to the Hugo TT via coax yet the digital display says its playing thru bluetooth. in short the stated input on the Hugo is incorrect. i contacted chord and they werent very helpful and also failed to offer to repair this. anyone have a similar experience with incorrect input displayed?

11. Stenso
    Sorry to hear about your issues, but this is the Chord Hugo thread, you might have more responses on the TT thread.

12. Mojo ideas
    As usual the situation was not precisely as told the by the guy, he did contact Ed selley our excellent support person back in November who advised him to switch his TT off to allow for the micro to reset Edd expected him to call but he didn’t. And the comments on the thread are all we’ve heard since.

13. Whazzzup
    always reboot

14. Triode User
    Just to say that when I owned a TT it would also occasionally change inputs when I was trying to change volume with the remote. I reported it to Chord and was told it was the remote signal getting confused due to reflections in the room. I also had the same symptoms of the display not reflecting the actual input which was playing. It was never resolved but there again it was not something which was a terminal problem.

15. Whazzzup
    My TT still works flawlessly after 3 plus years

First

Back
1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026
1028 1029 1030 1031
Next

Last