1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Hugo

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by harmonix, Jan 28, 2014.
  1. chesebert
    Purchased from a dealer in Australia now in the US.

Are you saying Chord has no product support and all support is provided through the original dealer and local distributor?

2. 514077
    That is Chord's support. Luckily,, you're now in the U.S. You could look up Bluebird Audio which is Chord's U.S. distributer. I believe the American branch is in New York state, close to the border. Niagra comes to mind. The Canadian Bluebird got me in touch with my dealer. They got mine repaired in no time at all.

3. chesebert
    That's reassuring. Let me reach out to Bluebird and find out. Thanks!

514077 likes this.
  4. AndrewH13
    Oh, I so wish everyone completed Location in their profile so it showed on posts. Often frustrated with posters expecting you to know where they live :)

514077 likes this.
  5. 514077
    The only thing that bugs me more is when someone puts some smart-ass location. They should save that for the signature.

AndrewH13 likes this.
  6. miketlse
    In general, Chord does go the extra mile to support owners.
    If you get no satisfaction from your dealer, then post again on this thread.

7. gc335
    I just picked up a used Chord Hugo. Loving it so far. What kind of battery life are people seeing running it off Bluetooth?

8. miketlse
    Most users have no issue with battery life.
    However if you experience issues, then post on this thread.
    This thread is viewed by many owners, plus Chord, so usually if problems occur, a solution can be agreed. :slight_smile:

9. gc335
    I'm not really having issues. I'm more curious what I can expect. I ran about 3.5 hours when the 50% light came on.

10. miketlse
    Don't worry.
    You will have many friends on this thread.
    The first step is a bit of trial and error to discover how your Hugo performs in the real world;

gc335 likes this.
  11. gc335
    I'm glad the thread isn't totally dead!

12. miketlse
    It is almost dead, because most original Hugo owners sorted their issues, or have moved on to the Hugo2.
    But some of us do monitor the thread, so any issues will be spotted.
    Always remember that Chord do monitor the Head-Fi threads, so any solutions can usually be identified, but it may take a few days. :slight_smile:

gc335 likes this.
  13. reeltime
    I hate the Hugo2. Because I listened to it and now I want one.

514077 and gc335 like this.
  14. gc335
    I'm going to ignore this post. I don't need to hear that. Haha

15. fiascogarcia
    Last time I checked, I'm getting between 7 and 8 hours on my battery. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what battery life would be with various file types, as I play everything from aac 256 to DSD 2.8.

gc335 likes this.