Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #1,351 of 1,665
What is everyone using to feed their TT? What sources are you guys using?
Antipodes audio roon core servers, waiting to upgrade to ds core. Simply amazing no boxes or ferrites needed.

May 10, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #1,352 of 1,665
May 10, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1,353 of 1,665
Well then, tt2 Boxing Day sale here we go. I’ll keep TT1 for my se la900. Hoping I’d get another year but.....

May 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #1,354 of 1,665
Anyone know if you can use the RCA and XLR outputs on the TT at the same time/simultaneously?

May 21, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #1,356 of 1,665
RCA and XLR are both on together - only off when headphones are plugged into the front panel.
Thanks ever so much Rob. Really appreciated :)

May 21, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #1,357 of 1,665
RCA and XLR are both on together - only off when headphones are plugged into the front panel.
Thanks ever so much Rob. Really appreciated :)

BTW, this is a difference from the Hugo TT in which all outputs remain on, even when headphones are plugged in. Another nice improvement with the TT2, in my opinion.

May 21, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,358 of 1,665
BTW, this is a difference from the Hugo TT in which all outputs remain on, even when headphones are plugged in. Another nice improvement with the TT2, in my opinion.

Yes, it could be especially useful if you're trying to drive loudspeakers and also wants to hook up a sub using the front headphone jack.

Are you thinking of upgrading to the TT2?

May 27, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,360 of 1,665
Has anyone else tried feeding their TT from a smart phone or iPhone? I was listening last night and this afternoon using my iPhone X and strangely enough the SD input sounds warmer and smoother than the HD input. It sounds the closest to my MSI laptop but I’m wondering why the SD input sounds better?

@Rob Watts Is it because the galvanic isolation generates extra noise when fed by a mobile device?

From what I remember reading,the HD input has has the best clock and timing...

FWIW, under both modes, music plays without any pops or cutouts.

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #1,361 of 1,665
That's a little odd - the HD input should sound warmer than the SD, so I can't explain that. Mobile phone sources are effectively isolated, as there are no ground loops via the mains, so perhaps this has something to do with it.

May 28, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #1,362 of 1,665
Has anyone else tried feeding their TT from a smart phone or iPhone? I was listening last night and this afternoon using my iPhone X and strangely enough the SD input sounds warmer and smoother than the HD input. It sounds the closest to my MSI laptop but I’m wondering why the SD input sounds better?
SD input sounds closest to your laptop?

When your laptop is running on battery power, do both SD and HD inputs sound the same?

Is it because the galvanic isolation generates extra noise when fed by a mobile device?
Or the phone doesn't like the extra current draw of the galvanic input?

May 28, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,363 of 1,665
For those of you that have heard the discontinued Hugo and the Hugo TT, what are the improvements in sound quality from one to the other? Portability isn't an issue for me and I m wondering what would make more sense after Hugo , a Hugo 2 or a TT?

May 28, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #1,364 of 1,665
For those of you that have heard the discontinued Hugo and the Hugo TT, what are the improvements in sound quality from one to the other? Portability isn't an issue for me and I m wondering what would make more sense after Hugo , a Hugo 2 or a TT?

Try and listen if you can. I had the original Hugo and then upgraded to a TT and for me it was worth it as well as getting XLR output. Also the remote was welcome.

People have commented on TT versus Hugo 2 and some prefer the TT but somehow you have got to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back