Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,171 of 1,671
That is what I was hoping.
In response to Mediahound, my preference is not a less accurate sound but rather a more realistic and natural one.

Some is the very thread have reported a more euphonic sound with the TT vs. DAVE due to DAVE's increased details, which can manifest by seemingly brighter highs. I don't know how you're defining 'more realistic and natural' as that can mean something different to everyone.

If you're looking for a more speaker like sound, you'd be better off using headphones which offer that type of sound signature ala Audioquest Nighthawk or the Sony Z1R. 

Apr 26, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,174 of 1,671
Would be very interesting read the differences between schiit Hungarian and Hugo tt.
SUPER B AUDIO FRIENDS FORUM REALLY PRAISE SCHIIT YGG AND GUNBY...

Always trust your ears, not someone else's fanboyism.

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #1,176 of 1,671
^ As someone who has moved from the Gungnir Multibit to the HugoTT, I can say the HugoTT sounds noticeably better to me even though I never thought the Gungnir was at all lacking.

A real testament to the Chord is the added fact that the sound directly out of TT is near perfect, IMO. No additional headphone amp needed.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,177 of 1,671
Just picking up again on the remote issue again.
I also have trouble in that when I adjust volume the unit often changes input instead of volume.
I have found that if I point the remote about 45 degrees to the right of the unit the volume adjustment works fine.
Any fix for this?

May 15, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,178 of 1,671
Just picking up again on the remote issue again.
I also have trouble in that when I adjust volume the unit often changes input instead of volume.
I have found that if I point the remote about 45 degrees to the right of the unit the volume adjustment works fine.
Any fix for this?

I had this with my TT. I phoned Chord and they said it was the TT getting confused by reflected signals from the hand held control. No fix, just try doing what you are doing.

May 15, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #1,179 of 1,671
I had this with my TT. I phoned Chord and they said it was the TT getting confused by reflected signals from the hand held control. No fix, just try doing what you are doing.
I had the problem on my TT also, and posted about it here. Tried different remotes from Chord. They even replaced the entire innards of the TT including the remote sensor, still have the problem and just live with it.
In my case they said the infrared from the TV was drowning the signal between the TT and the remote. If I want to use the TT for sound while watching the TV, I now set the volume level before turning on the TV.

PS might try the 45 degree trick. You never know!

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #1,180 of 1,671
Weird mine works no problem. Course don't use it much....

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #1,181 of 1,671
For me, the remote control problem has almost disappeared since I protected the remote control with a small transparent freezing bag !?

I always appreciate the TT as much as at the begining.

It can be heard in situtation via the link in my signature. Please use a headphone to listen :darthsmile:.

Jun 12, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #1,182 of 1,671
Always trust your ears, not someone else's fanboyism.

True, so very true. Sometimes you can't but still, this is my golden rule: I wouldn't spend more than $1'000 on something I haven't auditioned.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 15, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #1,184 of 1,671
How the HELL do you get XLR plugs out of this unit!? They go in nice and easy but I can't for the life of me get them out.

It depends on which XLR plugs you have because the release is on the plug and not on the chassis of the TT. If you are pressing the release button on the plug and it is not releasing then can you push the release any more? Maybe wiggle the XLR plug as you are pressing the release button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back