1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by rudi0504, Feb 21, 2015.
First

Back
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
  1. odessamarin
    This is true. I have mine on sale for 1700 EUR.. and I do this because I get Dave.
    But no way, based on my taste I would go for second generation Chord (Chord2, Qutes..). They are sound different form first generation (Hugo, TT, Dave) and personally not for me.
    Fair to say I did not hear MS + anything... but less upsamples, conversions and shorter path my signal has... better I sleep )
    I have impression that line up was Hugo - TT - Dave. Perfect sound, and Dave as top of the line gave me more space (wide and tall) bringing reality of sound to the extreme (strongest part of Dave for me). But all (TT, Hugo) very deep and real.. This I missed most in new 2nd generation.
    To my year its not a progress, but more step aside for other sound signature. And it is good that many liked it. We are all different )
    If one need to choice, I can only recommend to try 1st and 2nd generation of Chord DACs. And decide after. You will hear difference immediately and understand what i mean.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. musickid
    Even with my OPPO PM1 headphone the difference when say listening to quality jazz recordings are literally night and day difference with full mscaling vs none. It is the musicality which grasps you everything is more fleshed out, melodic, real and natural. You just can't say you cannot hear the 1 million taps when playing. That's with a hugo 2. I'm interested in all points of view though.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. Deftone
    Preference and synergy mate, everyones ears are different and more expensive/ newer tech doesn't always mean the sound is more enjoyable.

I know you find it hard to fathom that some people might not enjoy the addition of MScaler but there is multiple user who prefer their TT2 and Dave alone.

4. kennyb123
    Yes it can get a lot better. The M-Scaler significantly improved the sound from my TT - especially so when using better BNC cables than Chord provides.

A TT2 will soon be replacing my TT.

5. Triode User
    Just to clarify, Rob has confirmed that Dave is second generation.

6. odessamarin
    Oh.. it's change everything. )))

But I belave more how I hear it.

7. kelly200269
    That’s good to hear.
    I think the £7.5k entry-barrier for TT2/M Scaler may well make me wait a while... :triportsad:

8. THGM
    Took delivery of my pre-loved Hugo TT a little while ago and couldn’t be more delighted! I am amazed by the TT’s performance through my current set-up, MBP >Tidal Masters> Chord Silver Plus USB > TT > AQ NightOwl. It has made for long listening sessions, well into the early hours of the morning :L3000: The TT and NightOwl seem made for each other!

Progisus and musickid like this.
  9. THGM
    Finally worked my way through 102 pages of this thread! Thanks to all those who have contributed, it has made for interesting and informative reading. It has made me smile, too, at times, particularly seeing the signatures change as Hugo 2, TT2 and Dave are auditioned and wallets take a hammering!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  10. musickid
    Enjoy.

THGM likes this.
  11. THGM
    Thanks. I fear disappearing down the rabbit hole though............... :)

12. Triode User
    Congratulations. My TT was one of my favourite Chord DACs.

THGM likes this.
  13. THGM
    Thanks. I can now see why!

Deftone and Triode User like this.
  14. alxw0w
    Hello, question for people who had connected Hugo tt directly to speakers.
    How to do that ?
    Using xlr outputs on the back, rca or headphone front sockets ?
    If xlr how I'm supposed to do the pins I mean ground etc ? I don't want to destroy my Hugo

15. jcn3
    check out the hugo tt2 thread -- lots of info on that topic.

First

Back
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101