CHORD HUGO preview report
Jan 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #106 of 519
Yes, it's a bit frustrating that there's not muchout there at the moment to help convince me that I really need this device. Actually, I don't need that.. I think I've pretty much decided already!
I phoned Chord this morning to ask when it would be available: they said probably mid-Feb. The chap I spoke to (very friendly, by the way) said they'd be putting more information on their web site very soon, so I'll be looking out for that.

*laughing*
I guess that we are on the same page here!
I want "the best there is" and please convince that it is!

I do not need it either.. as you I think I've pretty much decided already! :wink:

Late February in Sweden.. argh.. mid would be better!

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #107 of 519
Ok I think I am gonna rob a bank before late February.

J/K, but I put this thing in my list, one day it will be mine, just like I saved so long for SE5way, I will save patiently for Hugo too
happy_face1.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #112 of 519
Agree! I have been looking for some teasers with some impressions and a forthcoming review from Hi-Fi magazines and web sites, but nothing.. nothing!

What the.. anyway.. it may be because of those people have lost touch of what we head-fi nerds would like.. or maybe that they don't even care.. or simply because we are too eager, and that a review or teaser is beeing written "as we speak"?
rolleyes.gif

Jude has a Hugo in his hands at the moment.. and I would guess that a review is coming out soon.. or maybe not.. if he just want's to listen to music and not do his duties to this community?! 
wink.gif

Look here (around the middle of the page):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/529140/show-us-your-head-fi-station-at-its-current-state-no-old-pictures-please/16545

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #113 of 519
Jan 16, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #115 of 519
I've gone ahead and pre-ordered one.  Delivery is due around the end of January apparently, but I'll have to wait and see.  If the Hugo meets my needs I can do away with all my mains filters, transformers and regenerators, which will be lovely!  I may even end up getting money back overall.  I doubt I'll bother taking it to work though... :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #116 of 519
Hi, might I enquire which country you reside in? Just curious, as UK retailers are quoting a mid February delivery for the Hugo, so it's possible that Chord are staggering the release. Anyway, congratulations! I've pre-ordered one too.  
normal_smile .gif

Quote:
  I've gone ahead and pre-ordered one.  Delivery is due around the end of January apparently, but I'll have to wait and see.  If the Hugo meets my needs I can do away with all my mains filters, transformers and regenerators, which will be lovely!  I may even end up getting money back overall.  I doubt I'll bother taking it to work though... :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #119 of 519
I want to make that purchase but my wallet says no :happy_face1:
My wallet always says no, but somehow in early mornings I find myself waking up, I manage somehow half sleep make the order and than go back to an hour nap before work only to wake up wondering what just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back