Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD
Jan 14, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #46 of 114
  ++A  Thank You Rob.  Much appreciated.

Would be great to also see a Choral range dedicated headphone amp (without a DAC) with balanced inputs and balanced headphone output to go with my other Choral units and to give the same level of performance. 

+1

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #47 of 114
168 = very Chinese-friendly number since we're loving it, such an interesting naming convention?

Plenty of time to put a kidney on the market:

Lilienthalallee 40
80939 Munich, Germany 

Date:
May 14th to 17th 2015 

Opening hours:
Thursday 10am to 6pm
Friday 10am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 6pm
Sunday 10am to 6pm

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #48 of 114
No news about the QBD Successor ?  I wish it was announced at the Bristol Show :)

I really need to upgrade my HUGO to drive my desktop AMP.  

The HUGO is very resolving, but... to dry, to analytical to my taste. I need to inject some warm & life into my EC445 amp :)

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #49 of 114
  No news about the QBD Successor ?  I wish it was announced at the Bristol Show :)

I really need to upgrade my HUGO to drive my desktop AMP.  

The HUGO is very resolving, but... to dry, to analytical to my taste. I need to inject some warm & life into my EC445 amp :)

Its going to be released at the Munich show.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #50 of 114
Mar 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #51 of 114
no rumors yet ? Is it the succesor to the QBD 76 ? 

Mar 28, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #52 of 114
QBD 168, will be released at the Munich show, don't expect to hear much if any news before then. Name should give it all away.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #53 of 114
I've tried everthing to better my chord 76 in balanced mode including le source 30k cd dac combination.I still find it the closest to a live event,with plain old cd 16 bit, the mastering is far more important than all this so called hi res.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #54 of 114
I've tried everthing to better my chord 76 in balanced mode including le source 30k cd dac combination.I still find it the closest to a live event,with plain old cd 16 bit, the mastering is far more important than all this so called hi res.

Yes totally 100% agree with you.    Also found the QBD76 DAC with the Chord Blu CD Transporter the music is awesome if the studio recording is good to excellent.   It's a breath of fresh air to me hearing this from a HeadFi member.  

I also think it's one of the best looking DAC and CD Transporter on the market and with the rest of the Choral range with the rack it looks amazing (as shown on my Avatar).   I also have heard other DAC & CD combinations that don't even come close even twice the cost (and that is a lot of money ! ). 

In fact I like the QBD76 and Blu combo so much I bought another set second hand to go with my UK home headphone system. 

I also found a considerable difference with trying the twin digital interconnecting cables between DAC and Transporter.  The best I have found to date for overall sound quality across the frequency spectrum range are the Tellurium Q Waveform digital cables. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #55 of 114

I also think it's one of the best looking DAC and CD Transporter on the market and with the rest of the Choral range with the rack it looks amazing (as shown on my Avatar).  ...

In fact I like the QBD76 and Blu combo so much I bought another set second hand to go with my UK home headphone system. 

Great looking equipment.  

But now that the QBD 168 is 1 month away, I will wait and to see what they come with....

but, in your Choral rack, where is the Headphone amp ?
tongue.gif
 Does CHORD has a Choral headphone amp ?

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #56 of 114

Great looking equipment.  

But now that the QBD 168 is 1 month away, I will wait and to see what they come with....

but, in your Choral rack, where is the Headphone amp ?
tongue.gif
 Does CHORD has a Choral headphone amp ?

I believe the Choral CodeX Network Player has a 1/4" headphone Jack but I have never heard one.    I have the Toucan from the Chordette range but its not Chord Electronics best !
Chord's Reference Pre-amplifier also has a headphone jack. 

My headphone amp I use in the UK will be a KGST Electrostatic amp for my Stax 009 headphones linked to my second QBD76 DAC and Blu CD Transporter.   I don't need to use a dedicated headphone amp for my loudspeaker system in Spain.   If I did I would most probably link up my Woo WEE with my Stax 009's (which I would need to travel with) although I might get a sound degradation if I install it ! .    I also have a Cypher Labs portable system linked to Senn HD650 & 800 in balanced mode if I did want to listen to 

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #57 of 114

I believe the Choral CodeX Network Player has a 1/4" headphone Jack but I have never heard one.    I have the Toucan from the Chordette range but its not Chord Electronics best !

My headphone amp I use in the UK will be a KGST Electrostatic amp for my Stax 009 headphones linked to my second QBD76 DAC and Blu CD Transporter.   I don't need to use a dedicated headphone amp for my loudspeaker system in Spain.   If I did I would most probably link up my Woo WEE with my Stax 009's (which I would need to travel with) although I might get a sound degradation if I install it ! .    I also have a Cypher Labs portable system linked to Senn HD650 & 800 in balanced mode if I did want to listen to 

Ooops…pressed enter key by mistake……. a headphone system. 

I will be interested to hear the new QB DAC running hi-res files and compare it direct with the Blu and QBD76 although I feel I will still much prefer the latter as its closer to analogue.

I also have my Origin Live turntable in the UK linked to my recently arrived Chord Symphonic fully balanced phono stage which I will be running next week through my electrostatic headphone system. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #58 of 114

thanks for the answer

I think that Chord should come with a Choral dedicated Headphone amp to complement their rack :)

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #59 of 114

thanks for the answer

I think that Chord should come with a Choral dedicated Headphone amp to complement their rack :)

Yes I agree.   I was hoping they would build a hi-end dedicated headphone amp for the Choral series to balanced link to the pre-amp tape out or direct from the QBD76 instead they have built a larger and more powerful Hugo ! 

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #60 of 114

Yes I agree.   I was hoping they would build a hi-end dedicated headphone amp for the Choral series to balanced link to the pre-amp tape out or direct from the QBD76 instead they have built a larger and more powerful Hugo ! 

the TT is larger and MUCH more expensive, but... not more powerful (shame !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back