Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #4,053 of 18,742
In the UK this is nothing to do with Chord or a vendor's willingness to refund but is covered by law as specified originally in the "the Sale of Goods Act" and now by the "Consumer Rights Act". If a product is not fit for purpose then a refund must be made.

Fit for purpose would be measured against the marketing claims/brochure for the product. The "promise" of future firmware updates would not override the right to expect a product to operate as described when originally purchased.
My view is that the instruction manual that came with the Poly simply isn't accurate - it explains features and capabilities that the product doesn't have yet. By rights, it ought to have been written in the "future tense" with respect to the GoFigure app and Spotify/Tidal connectivity (for example).

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #4,055 of 18,742
8player crashes whenever I pause a track. Anyone else find that? It’s thede little things that make it such a frustrating experience

I know this may not be the answer you want, but try Glider Music 1.6.1 when it comes to the App Store. The Developer @joe28 just got his Poly and is tuning it specifically.
http://glideraudio.com

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #4,059 of 18,742
thats entirely with Apple and the App Store for approval, it's not under Chord's control. What is the purpose of a comment like that?

I'm sorry, but for commercial reasons Chord chose to sell a very expensive piece of kit without an essential IOS or Android app being available. That is NOT Apple of Googles fault!

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #4,060 of 18,742
If you're iOS app implementation is clean and you're set the stage prior to your first submission, approval is generally very quick. If not and you have to iterate through multiple rejections and resubmissions, it is not. Apple owns turn around time on approvals, Chord owns how cleanly they've implemented the app and how proactively they've managed the process with Apple.

In previous lives, we had our iOS app approved by Apple and queued up for public release at least a month before we launched our custom hardware. Once you have the first approval, subsequent ones (for updates) are extremely quick.

Apple is a pretty solid partner if you play by their rules, and an ogre if you don't (FWIW)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #4,061 of 18,742
Getting pretty tired of all the negativity. I am mostly using Mojo in use cases when Poly has been too fiddly.

#waitingfortheapp

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #4,062 of 18,742
@John @Matt, just received Chord’s newsletter with email that the Poly is now available for purchase. At the bottom there is mention of a free case with every purchase (except through amazon). I paid full price for my case when I bought the Poly 2 weeks ago in Hong Kong where I reside... can you clarify the “every purchase of Poly includes a free case worth £79” please?

Thats not the case if you buy from Amazon. We should support high street shops, most certainly. But in my case i needed it next day and the only option at that time was Amazon. They never have and didnt let me down.
Anyhow, no promo case leaflet, called Chord, "Use Amazon no case", so in my case no case end of case, infact im caseless, i rest my case, or not in this case!
I shall be returning my caseless Poly, and maybe ill buy one with a free case, or not depending on whether the app and firmware fixes are effective. Worst case senario i won't be buying again due to a bad case of the screaming meemies!

No mention on their site about that, (Unless its now been edited) not on the top link a google search took me to.

Just a friendly heads up.

Not one CLIP joke in there! .... :)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #4,063 of 18,742
Firmware upgrades and app are coming, so this is the solution and you know this. Chord has said this many, many times. If you can't accept a temporary solution and wait for the fix, I am not sure what it is you want. Another temporary solution?

Possibly acknoweldgement of an absolute messup, you should've held out until it was properly ready for release, App and all.
Then you wouldn't be getting grief from not only me! ... Plus a hit on your reputation.
Im sure youll ride it because your gear is good and you have strong fan base, that much is obvious here.

Im a Brit. ... I want to see the continued best from a British company.

However, you rushed this one and upset quite a few, a lesson learned i hope.

Im not a company beater just for the sake or fun of it, but i will let compamies know if an arrow lands wide if the mark. Normally semi humerous, it can drive a point home better than shouting sometimes.

Still loving my Mojo, ....

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #4,064 of 18,742
I know this may not be the answer you want, but try Glider Music 1.6.1 when it comes to the App Store.
1.6.1 is probably 1-2 weeks away from being submitted to the App Store, but I'm happy to send a beta build to anyone who needs one in the meantime. Just send me a direct message with your email and I'll get you set up.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #4,065 of 18,742
Possibly acknoweldgement of an absolute messup, you should've held out until it was properly ready for release, App and all.
Then you wouldn't be getting grief from not only me! ... Plus a hit on your reputation.
Im sure youll ride it because your gear is good and you have strong fan base, that much is obvious here.

Im a Brit. ... I want to see the continued best from a British company.

However, you rushed this one and upset quite a few, a lesson learned i hope.

Im not a company beater just for the sake or fun of it, but i will let compamies know if an arrow lands wide if the mark. Normally semi humerous, it can drive a point home better than shouting sometimes.

Still loving my Mojo, ....
I do understand the frustration but Poly can not have been developed by a small company with finite resources, in any other way than it is. Please try to understand, we knew that any product like or this that had to work across all platforms, routers, WiFi environments and favoured Player Apps would need copious feed back from some where! Simply to fix all issues. We did put out 250 units in July to our wonderfully responsive distributors and some retailers and just Few of you guys. We waited for feed back,unfortunately nothing came, we actually only had one person come back with anything useful, it was one of you. You see the sample we put out was simply not big enough to see all the issues. So making sure that Poly could be upgraded over the Internet we knew we’d only get the data we needed from you all IR being a massive sampling of what’s out there for Poly to interact with. We are not letting this lie it’s a process we are fixing all issues as we see them. It’s complex but the first update is coming this week, there will be two following but poly will be working within its defined spec very soon so please keep the faith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back