Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
May 8, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #3,752 of 6,736
BTW, I auditioned the M-Scaler and Qutest at a headphone meet this past weekend. Luckily for my wallet I didn't think the the combo was particularly better than the Qutest alone.

I was less fortunate in that I had the MScaler for home trial over a period of 6 days. By the time it left my setup, I was utterly hooked on it. Had to detox from my setup for a good few days after

:nerd:

May 9, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #3,753 of 6,736
I m very excited to see what’s coming from Chord today !
I m pairing my Qutest with a Luxman SQ-N100 integrated and the entry level Audio Note AX-2 standmount. Such a musical communicator that I find it difficult to listen critically
Happy 30th Chord Electronics !

May 9, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #3,754 of 6,736
For speakers I go direct into Exposure XXVIII Power Amp and Monitor Audio Silver 10s. Room is treated with absorbent panels on walls and a couple of base traps. Lovely.

Your preamp?

Having a great system or a well thought out soundchain won’t allow you to enjoy poorly mastered music.

Try listening to (on your nice rig there :) The Black Angels “Death Song’ or any Remastered Iron Maiden from 1998. I dare you! Lol.

You gotta good system. Don’t feel like your equipment slouches in any way cause ****ty mastering can’t be handled. Garbage in garbage out.

Thank you.Lucky me,I don't own these...Pink Floyds' Wish You Where Here 2012 remastering sounds excellent!

BTW,sometimes the output filters tame the harshness and you don't have to lower the volume that much.

May 9, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #3,755 of 6,736
Is anyone else using Qutest as your main DAC in your speaker system?

As good as Qutest sounds with my HEKse/Milo it has paid equal or greater dividends with my Martin Logan Motion 40 speakers that are driven by a Peachtree Nova 220se amp. The Peachtree is solid state amp, but leans towards warmth and the Martin Logans are very musical. Mix in the clean, detailed, transparent Qutest and I've achieved great synergy amongst the components!

Curious what speaker/amp combos everyone else is enjoying with their Qutest.

NVA P90SA pre amp, NVA A80 monoblocks, NVA Cube 1 speakers, NVA TSC interconnectors and NVA TSCS speaker cable. The streamer is the Sonore microRendu. Have recently added the Mscaler, its benefits very apparant.

May 9, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #3,756 of 6,736
I was less fortunate in that I had the MScaler for home trial over a period of 6 days. By the time it left my setup, I was utterly hooked on it. Had to detox from my setup for a good few days after

:nerd:

When I auditioned the Mscaler with Qutest at a dealers I was not that impressed. When I took it home on a ten day loan it was a different matter and I could not be without it. Appreciated it most in the five weeks I had to wait for one to arrive from Chord.

May 9, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #3,757 of 6,736
When I auditioned the Mscaler with Qutest at a dealers I was not that impressed. When I took it home on a ten day loan it was a different matter and I could not be without it. Appreciated it most in the five weeks I had to wait for one to arrive from Chord.

Yup, that sounds about right

May 9, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #3,758 of 6,736
Your preamp?

Thank you.Lucky me,I don't own these...Pink Floyds' Wish You Where Here 2012 remastering sounds excellent!

BTW,sometimes the output filters tame the harshness and you don't have to lower the volume that much.
Preamp I have is Exposure XXIII, but I prefer the sound of Qutest direct to poweramp and controlling volume on PC.

May 9, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #3,760 of 6,736
May 9, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #3,761 of 6,736
Demo'd a new bit of kit yesterday that's gonna work really well with my Qutest set-up. It will be a substantial upgrade to my current set up too, so going to place an order.
A La-z-boy rocking recliner! Super comfy and looks the business. :L3000:

May 9, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #3,762 of 6,736
upload_2019-5-9_18-17-48.png

May 9, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #3,763 of 6,736
Don't think anyone was expecting that, looks fabulous though. Leaves me wondering if more additions to the range are planned..

May 9, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #3,764 of 6,736
Don't think anyone was expecting that, looks fabulous though. Leaves me wondering if more additions to the range are planned..

Streamer would be nice.

May 10, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #3,765 of 6,736

Yes, it makes one wonder what it would plug into within the Chord range in terms of similar price and appearance amplifiers. I wonder if there is something in the pipeline. Perhaps an amplifier to come in the Qutest range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back