Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Feb 21, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #721 of 6,736
Moon Audio's page has been updated with availability at $1,895. A little more than I was hoping but I suppose it could be worse.

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #722 of 6,736
Moon Audio's page has been updated with availability at $1,895. A little more than I was hoping but I suppose it could be worse.
Hmmm...yea a bit high. Used Hugo 2 are going for about $2k on this forum, might be a better option?

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #723 of 6,736

Thanks JWahl!

A bit annoying since I signed up to be notified...and got nothing.

Why are Hugo 2 going for $2,000? Moon selling new at $2,695?!?!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #726 of 6,736
I have been following this thread with a lot of interest since the launch of the Qutest was announced. I am in the UK, have had the Qutest for over a week and it is very good. I found that it took five days to run in. I was previously using a Mojo and like the Chord sound. The Mojo is now used for domestic headphone use only. The Qutest, fed by a microRendu, has the same sound signature as the Mojo, but does everything better. Both frequency extremes are more extended and the sound stage and imaging have improved a lot. My preamp, mono blocks, speakers, speaker cable and interconnectors are NVA and very transparent with the emphasis on information retrieval.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #727 of 6,736
I have been following this thread with a lot of interest since the launch of the Qutest was announced. I am in the UK, have had the Qutest for over a week and it is very good. I found that it took five days to run in. I was previously using a Mojo and like the Chord sound. The Mojo is now used for domestic headphone use only. The Qutest, fed by a microRendu, has the same sound signature as the Mojo, but does everything better. Both frequency extremes are more extended and the sound stage and imaging have improved a lot. My preamp, mono blocks, speakers, speaker cable and interconnectors are NVA and very transparent with the emphasis on information retrieval.

I read your similarly worded comment this morning on another forum that I follow, as I have almost the exact same NVA setup as you and currently use a Mojo in the same way. I can 'almost' live with the faffing around it takes to use it as a desktop DAC, my main drive behind changing it is the search for even better sound quality.

Do you feel the difference in sound quality between the two is worth (very subjective I know) the significant difference in price ?

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #728 of 6,736
Screenshot-2018-2-22 Sonore - microRendu.png
.... It is totally unreasonable to expect a manufacturer to test other suppliers PSU and produce a list of 'approved' LPS. I'm sorry, but what planet are you on?...

as you can see it is not so totally unreasonable to expect ......

if the manufacturer is open mind

http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #729 of 6,736

as you can see it is not so totally unreasonable to expect ......

if the manufacturer is open mind

http://www.sonore.us/microRendu.html

I'm still not quite sure what your point is. Are you are saying that you would buy a Qutest if Chord would recommend alternative after market PSUs for it or are just making mischief?

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #730 of 6,736
Just placed my order, site says will arrive February 23rd and will ship thereafter. Still no email...

Oh, in that unboxing I didn't see a drawstring bag...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #731 of 6,736
I read your similarly worded comment this morning on another forum that I follow, as I have almost the exact same NVA setup as you and currently use a Mojo in the same way. I can 'almost' live with the faffing around it takes to use it as a desktop DAC, my main drive behind changing it is the search for even better sound quality.

Do you feel the difference in sound quality between the two is worth (very subjective I know) the significant difference in price ?

I think the improvement in SQ is worth it with an NVA set up, bearing in mind that it takes some running in.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #733 of 6,736
I'm still not quite sure what your point is. Are you are saying that you would buy a Qutest if Chord would recommend alternative after market PSUs for it ....

it is not possible that you have not yet understood what my point is

it is very evident, having always been "linear" :smile_phones:

do I have to take it for the umpteenth time? always beating on the same point?

then do not complain.

wish you a nice days:smile_phones:

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #734 of 6,736
Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #735 of 6,736
i believe aged best should be renamed daily beast for his pointless electrical up dates and prodding.
he seems to be trying to create diplomatic incidents with his pollution of the well and attempt too catch people out.

why not make your own dac mr marconi and power supply mr beast
and try and best the cute
it should be easy for an italian nikola tesla : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back