1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. Reactcore
    Thanks B
    I know you used this with Questyle amp.
    Did u happen to compare this also with a HD800? Im a soundstage head

2. betula
    HD800 has bigger soundstage but the sound to me is thinner and brighter with leaner bass. Empy is still clear but with a meatier low end. Imaging on Empy is very accurate. Soundstage on HD800 is wider and taller but on Empy it is deeper.

3. Reactcore
    After i did a SD mod and replaced the cushions with thicker leather ones, the low end on the senns got more pronounced.
    And no bright 6khz peak.

I wonder when the next senn dynamic open back flagship comes out. The HD800 dates from 2009 > 10yrs. The HD820 is closed and brings less of the fine details out of Qutest imo.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  4. nwavesailor
    The Supra USB 2.0 cable is well made and sounds very good...............but being an audio KOOK.............I ordered an inexpensive Furutech Formula 2 USB 2.0 today to compare and see if one is more flexible than the other assuming they both sound good.
    Both of these USB cables received WHAT HiFi awards and are in the $50 range so I'm not too far down the USB rabbit hole!

5. HumanMedia
    Give the Oyaide d+ USB class A cable a go. It has particular Synergy with the Qutest. Great bass with high and wide soundstage,

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  6. nwavesailor
    This Oyaide USB cable gets great reviews and all of their products are very well made. Their 'flat' cable may not work for my application. I need a flexible cable as I am using a new handheld 7th gen iPod Touch routed to the back of the Qutest's USB 'B' input. It is, however, right there in the $50 +/- ballpark with the Supra and Furutech USB 2.0 cables.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  7. Armando Cruz
    Hi there qutest lovers! I just bought the exquisite Chord qutest dac ( Super happy with it !) . I have a sotm sms ultra neo as streamer and I'm looking for an upgrade... Will the uptone iso regen be an worth it upgrade? Or should I spent a fortune( at least to me ) and buy the Sotm TX usb?

Happy listening too you all :beyersmile:

8. Arniesb
    If you buy iso regen you gonna feel the difference and then you want to upgrade to sotm anyway. Keep in mind that no matter how good dac is. Source still matter.
    Clocks as more precise it gets the more realistic and resolving sound gets and Sotm super clock is head and shoulders above anything else on the market. 0 comparison against poor clocks on pcs motherboards that is further gets weaker in performance when it is affected by noise inside computers.

9. Armando Cruz
    Gotcha , Audiobacon describe the TX as lean . Do you see it in the same way? Will I have low end improvement on the sms 200 ultra with the TX?

Thank you Arniesb

10. Armando Cruz
    " iso regen you gonna feel the difference and then you want to upgrade to sotm anyway" . I have read everywhere the other way around. My impression is, that everybody gets the Tx (clarity,definition) and then everybody wants to add the ISO after , to get some warm sound ( want more body in it). At least it's my impression... And I'm thinking - if I can get a bit more definition with the ISO and get straight way more body in it. Why will I buy the TX? On which lacks body?

11. Arniesb
    Not true.
    It wont make warm headphones or speakers with powerful sub "bright".
    It will highlight flaws of your system. Lot of headphones have lot of highs, dip in mids and not enough bass. All of this can contribute to thin sound.
    Add revealing sotm and then you gonna hear even thinner sound.
    If headphone sound full then whole system gonna sound even fuller with sotm.
    Extension is always gonna be better with good reclocker like sotm.

Victorr likes this.
  12. Armando Cruz
    I get what you mean Arnie, very enlightened indeed! It's for speakers ( at home I do prefer more to listen my stereo system ) , I forget that I'm in headphone forum. I do have headphones , actually it's the only decent headphones I ever had (never heard any others) , it's the beyerdynamics 1990 pro ( which I love it, and I don't feel the need to look any further, they are very neutral) I use it with chord mojo.

Thank you very much Arniesb. I will buy the Sotm tx

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  13. Reactcore
    20191008_185458.jpg

Its here..
    Now lets hear if it really is that good..

14. betula
    Anyone has compared this magical Supra cable to Wireworld Ultraviolet 7?

15. kerisabe
    Guys,

from your experience, now with a qutest, would it be better to upgrade to TT2 or just adding an M scaler to qutest? Hope to hear your inputs, thanks!

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last