1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread

First

Back
267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
Next

Last
  1. kerisabe
    What i’ve found interesting was, putting stillpoints under it made the qutest sounded dry.... losing its soul. But putting small wooden blocks and a bigger block on top of it really made it sing! I can hear more air/decay and it is way more musical. And the same thing happened with my source.

2. hornytoad

kerisabe likes this.
  3. Hooster
    Oh no, imagine the effect that would have on the sound quality! :triportsad:

Deftone and hornytoad like this.
  4. HumanMedia
    I’ve had to add weights to the top of my qutest. If I don’t, the weight of the cables, especially the two input BNCs, tips whole DAC back on its rear two feet where the slightest nudge will send it falling off the back of the shelf. A fall like that could easily snap that flimsy micro USB *tongue’ off. Wish it had a standard dc barrel power input...

Zzt231gr and kerisabe like this.
  5. Amberlamps
    What kind of amps are you all using with Qutest ?

I'm thinking of getting a few things, one potential item is an amp for TT2, but I'm not 100% sure yet, but what are you all using with your Qutests ?

Cheers

6. snatex
    Violectric V280

Amberlamps likes this.
  7. Amberlamps
    Is that just a headphone amp or can speakers be hooked up to it also ?

I never really specified in my post, but I'm mainly looking at amp's to drive speakers.

Cheers

8. Chop-Top
    Naim NAP-250.2 and they sound great together!

Amberlamps likes this.
  9. Deftone
    Benchmark AHB2, 0.00026% distortion at 500 watts.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Paul Bjernklo and Amberlamps like this.
  10. Qute Beats
  11. kerisabe
    Qute Beats likes this.
  12. Qute Beats
    Thanks, I loved the Qutest, but made the mistake(?) of demoing the TT2 and then kept thinking about it, so finally took the plunge. Both are fabulous pieces of kit at their respective price points.

JM1979 likes this.
  13. Ivodam
    I am using my Qutest with a Moon preamplifier and then a Moon power amplifier, driving large Tannoy Glenair 15 floorstanders. It sounds marvelous. I have tried using the Qutest with a passive amplifier only for volume control plus the power amplifier, but it sounds a bit dull to me, so I dropped this configuration.
    But the TT2 has got a nice amplification and volume control and balanced XLR outputs (which I strongly miss with the Qutest and hope to be added in a future modification), so there should be absolutely no problem hooking it up directly into the power amplifier.

Zzt231gr and Amberlamps like this.
  14. Zzt231gr
    Exposure 3010S2 power with shunt type passive pre.

It is hugely transparent but that is not always good with old jazz recordings...

Qute Beats and Paul Bjernklo like this.
  15. Paul Bjernklo
    The same for me with my Hugo 2, you want to preserve the low distortion and I have not seen a reasonably priced power amplifier with lower distortion. It is dead silent...

Deftone likes this.
First

Back
267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
Next

Last