1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread

First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last
  1. Joe-Siow
    Jesus Christ, get over it already

2. Baten
    Here's a crazy idea. XLR interconnects and common mode rejection :)

3. Yeah tell ME to be quiet while people push a product literally called "the magic brick" for three HUNDRED dollars. That offends me to my core and I'm going to say so. Don't really care what you think.

JohnM-73, Ilias9001, Baten and 3 others like this.
  4. Zzt231gr
    It is the MAGIC that does the trick...

5. jwbrent
    To each his own ...

6. schnesim
    AFAIK Ted Smith throws away the clock info of the incoming data and reconstructs the packets through pattern matching to eliminate source jitter.

Does the Qutest do something similar? I'm asking since I'm wondering whether a separate reclocker will make sense with the Qutest.

7. miketlse
    Don't waste your money on a separate reclocker https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...-official-thread.869417/page-37#post-14027139

Zzt231gr and schnesim like this.
  8. Baten
    Zzt231gr likes this.
  9. schnesim
    Thanks! Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to the measurements? I tried using the search function, but without luck.

10. x RELIC x Contributor
  11. Simon Price
    I post reviews to my Facebook group called 13th Note HiFi Reviews including written reviews and videos. I’ve reviewed all the major Chord DACs including 2Qute, Qutest, Hugo TT2, Hugo M Scaler, and DAVE.

I make comparisons to other gear always and if anyone wants to rack my brains on this thread please do. I’m developing a website too at the moment.

https://m.facebook.com/13thnotereviews/

JM1979 likes this.
  12. kerisabe
    Question about qutest output volt, if my amp’s input sensitivity is lower than qutest’s lowest output volt (at 0,617v) what are the solutions? Or i just have to suck it up and go with qutest’s lowest setting at 1V? Or is there any workaround it? @Rob Watts Thanks in advance Rob.

13. kumar402
    What amp are you using. If even 1v is hot for it then you need to invest in good preamp.

x RELIC x and miketlse like this.
  14. Triode User
    It also depends on how your amp sensitivity is specified and what it means by "0.617v". Does it state 0.617v as being the input for a certain output?

Problems arise when an input voltage is too high for the amp sensitivity and then the volume control only has a small operating zone before the volume of the music becomes too loud. Also a too high an input voltage can cause the preamp stages to 'clip' and cause distortion (this is usually easy to hear and is often quite nasty).

However, in the great scheme of things, 0.6v is not all that different to 1v and I would say there is a good chance you will be OK with that.

Others may have a more detailed response if you can say what amp you are using.

15. Nik74
    A question while we re on the subject of amplifier input sensitivity: my amplifiers input sensitivity is 150mV but what I notice is that from the headphone out the highest volume setting I can listen at is about 9.5 position. Through my speakers I can go up to 12 . Could this mean that I need to use a different output setting for my Qutest when I listen through headphones? Output impedance is 1V/210 Ohm. I do feel that my volume control has a very small operting zone. I use the 2V setting

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    HumanMedia likes this.
First

Back
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266
Next

Last