1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread

First

Back
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237
Next

Last
  1. Windseeker
    OT/

If you're visiting Akihabara, e-earphone ( https://www.e-earphone.jp/shop-akb/ ) is also awesome:smile_phones:

/OT

Nik74 likes this.
  2. Hermitsden
    Zzt231gr likes this.
  3. nick77
    I hadn't gotten around to trying the different voltage settings till now. I set it to 3v and it works so much better in my system, now I am not going over 12 oclock on my preamp and seems to have more impact. I love the various settings on the Qutest!!

4. Roybenz
    Anyone know whats best of connecting imac or ipad to the dac?

5. soares
    If you’re using USB you absolutely need a good end point as an ultraRendu or a SOTM 200 ultra.

HumanMedia likes this.
  6. Deftone
    For compatibility - USB

For sound quality - OPT

7. OctavianH
    I have to agree with this. I tried all the inputs and I have to say optical sounds the best for me. I've done also tests by removing all the other inputs and observed no difference from the case all were connected. Anyway I tried a good optical cable with a decent coax and I would say that both sound very close but the optical has a slightly better precision. I know that everyone recommends the coax, but it seems, at least for me, that the optical connection was the best choice.

Cables from the picture below are:

1) Optical - QED Reference Quartz 1m
    2) USB - QED Reference USB 3m (PC is under the table)
    3) Coax BNC/RCA - Megaptera 1m (https://megapteracables.wixsite.com/megapteracables/digital-cables) - this is a handmade cable
    4) Interconnects RCA/RCA - Chord Clearway 1m

[​IMG]

PS. Qutest is powered by a linear power supply, USB is filtered with ISO Regen, mains are filtered by a Furman power conditioner and all cables are shielded. Maybe this also helps or at least minimizes the differences between inputs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Deftone, MI five, Jyhnc and 1 other person like this.
  8. Quartz footers. When magic rocks are sold out. You should plan a vacation to the american midwest and get a shaman to breathe on it too. Extra special magic.

For the life of me I don't understand the people in this hobby sometimes.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Anaz, Zzt231gr, bikutoru and 2 others like this.
  9. Nik74
    As long as you can accept that your lack of understanding does not in any way invalidate either the choices or the people that make them, each to their own

Joe-Siow likes this.
  10. Liking the way they look would be a valid opinion I could understand, even if I disagreed. Believing they affect sound quality is foolish.

11. Joe-Siow
    Jumping to conclusion before one listens to it actually makes him look more foolish. Hey, whatever rocks your boat.

:ksc75smile:

HumanMedia and Nik74 like this.
  12. Yeah, surely I'm the foolish one.

13. Joe-Siow
    Hmm. Let's see.
    • Randomly shooting off people with sarcasm over things that he has not tried before - checked
    • Gets defensive when pointed out that his lack of understanding over the subject matter - checked
    • Plays victim when pointed out that he still has not actually listen to the effects of the accessories he criticized randomly - checked
    Yup, I guess you should be feeling rather foolish now. Moving on then...

Wildcatsare1 and HumanMedia like this.
  14. Wildcatsare1
    Funny, I just asked Rob if a less expensive version was in the works, unfortunately it’s not in the works, too expensive to manufacture.

Anaz likes this.
  15. Joe-Siow
    That's a real shame. The M Scaler works amazingly well with the Qutest and elevates the sound quality significantly. The price tag though...

Anaz and Wildcatsare1 like this.
First

Back
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237
Next

Last