Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 8, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #19,591 of 22,467
Intrigued by some of this conversation above as I came to this thread today to start researching the 2go - it sounds like a nightmare though, which is disappointing.

but before doing that I was thinking the 2go might fit the bill for transportable solutions either around the house, on the deck or when we're back travelling again for work (hotels, etc).

Ideally there is a wireless solution out there, otherwise it might just make more sense to upgrade the AK380 to the SP2000 and keep the Hugo 2 strictly for my office setup.

Keen to hear from anyone who has an opinion or experienced something similar.
Hello!

I had the same questions (reflections) as you did. I've already gone this way and my final ecosystem choice => Chord Hugo2Go.
I have not had problems with 2Go setup (working) that others have. Setting up a Chord Hugo2Go system takes time to learn and if you do it right it will work great.
It is important to read the instruction manual, ask questions on the forum. Check out the Hugo 2 Go profile thread.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...official-thread.925464/page-275#post-15833667

Perhaps this will help you.

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #19,593 of 22,467
Hi,

The Apple camera kit cable and I am using the cable that I charge my Mojo/Poly with, the cable came with my Poly.

Tony

B3EDDF24-2FFD-45C9-B594-1298CE6AB60B.jpeg
B36ADB21-8C05-43B9-B103-1905CAE698E2.jpeg
EF92931B-B906-411B-87E3-7E6582241D32.jpeg

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #19,594 of 22,467
That’s a shame. I was hoping at least you could connect via a single cable 😂

Also seems crazy that some are having good experiences with 2go while others are not.

I wonder if retailers will provide a refund to those whom it is problematic for.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #19,595 of 22,467
That’s a shame. I was hoping at least you could connect via a single cable 😂

Also seems crazy that some are having good experiences with 2go while others are not.

I wonder if retailers will provide a refund to those whom it is problematic for.

I wonder if this might work?

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/lgtnmuc.html

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #19,596 of 22,467

I had something like that in mind, but according to that Moon Audio video posted earlier, you need the specific apple camera adapter (same one I had to use for my now sold HipDAC), as it contains a specific chip inside for apple authentication. So a generic micro usb to lightening won’t work, supposedly. I’m yet to try myself.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #19,597 of 22,467
I had something like that in mind, but according to that Moon Audio video posted earlier, you need the specific apple camera adapter (same one I had to use for my now sold HipDAC), as it contains a specific chip inside for apple authentication. So a generic micro usb to lightening won’t work, supposedly. I’m yet to try myself.

I think the Meenova cable contains the chip needed.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #19,598 of 22,467

Someone I know that works for Apple in the U.K. purchased one from the USA to work with his I Phone to his Chord Mojo, I will check with him and see if it works. I was the guy that posted the video from Moon Audio and the photos of my cables to the Hugo 2.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #19,599 of 22,467
Seems Meenova might do the trick!

That said, I might try my luck with the 2go and connect directly as a hotspot as I’ve just read in the 2go thread. Seems to be the least problematic scenario for 2go. Issues mainly seem to be when setting it up for room etc.

Alternatively, 2go money goes a long way to buying another TOTL DAP and selling the old one. Keeps the phone completely free from managing music.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #19,600 of 22,467
Seems Meenova might do the trick!

That said, I might try my luck with the 2go and connect directly as a hotspot as I’ve just read in the 2go thread. Seems to be the least problematic scenario for 2go. Issues mainly seem to be when setting it up for room etc.

Alternatively, 2go money goes a long way to buying another TOTL DAP and selling the old one. Keeps the phone completely free from managing music.

Get a 2Go:wink: it is rather fantastic!

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #19,602 of 22,467
My friend who works for Apple has just replied to tell me that his Meenova cable works fantastic with his I Phone and Chord Mojo therefore if you purchase it you do need the Apple Camera Kit.

Hope that helps.
Thanks mate. This is all very helpful :)

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #19,603 of 22,467
My friend who works for Apple has just replied to tell me that his Meenova cable works fantastic with his I Phone and Chord Mojo therefore if you purchase it you do need the Apple Camera Kit.

Hope that helps.

I’m sure you meant do NOT need the ACK? Just to clarify 😂

Jan 8, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #19,605 of 22,467

Hope that helps.
Weird. Mine worked until I tried to use it with the 12 Pro Max which I got recently. No problems with the 7 or XS Max I had nor with the 2017 iPad Pro. I know there site seems to indicate there have had to be different versions as OS updates have made past versions stop working. There is a $90 one on eBay which did not have those problems for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back