Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 20, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #18,466 of 22,465
Is there a case that can accommodate the hugo+2go?

Yes there is and a nylon tote bag. The website is in Japanese and they only ship domestically. You need a 3rd party service to export. Fingers crossed that Chord offer these as well.

May 20, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #18,467 of 22,465
May 22, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #18,469 of 22,465
I'm having issues with using my Hugo 2 via USB on my Windows 10 Computer.

Quite often (perhaps after every time the computer goes to sleep), there is no sound coming from the Hugo and whatever app I am using to play music hangs. I've tried Groove Music, WMP, and some 3rd party ones. Also happens on youtube. Sometimes after the Groove Music has hung for a while it'll start playing, but there is still no output.

Clearly it's a computer issue rather than with the Hugo. I've tried reinstalling the drivers but no luck.

I have to go into settings, disable then re-enable the Hugo and it then it works fine.

Any ideas?

May 22, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #18,471 of 22,465
I'm having issues with using my Hugo 2 via USB on my Windows 10 Computer.

Quite often (perhaps after every time the computer goes to sleep), there is no sound coming from the Hugo and whatever app I am using to play music hangs. I've tried Groove Music, WMP, and some 3rd party ones. Also happens on youtube. Sometimes after the Groove Music has hung for a while it'll start playing, but there is still no output.

Clearly it's a computer issue rather than with the Hugo. I've tried reinstalling the drivers but no luck.

I have to go into settings, disable then re-enable the Hugo and it then it works fine.

Any ideas?

I don't understand your question.

Are you saying your PC should still send music to Hugo 2 when it has gone into sleep mode?
Or your Hugo 2 disconnects after PC has gone to sleep. Then when your PC is woken, the Hugo 2 is not accessible and needs re-enabling.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #18,474 of 22,465
Which is better sound quality? I feel adapters degrade fidelity

How do you think computers output optical, if they do not have converters?

Or maybe look for a quality brand of USB to optical converter then, for assurance. There are quality sound cards with optical-out like Asus one, that go in PCI-E slots. Or there are external converters that only do the USB to optical work.

USB and optical effectively sound the same with Hugo 2. Hugo 2 USB input is filtered. Some of use double filtering by using a Jitterbug too. … Additionally on Windows when running the Hugo 2 via USB, the Chord driver resends for data if there is an error.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #18,475 of 22,465
How does someone hook up optical from pc to H2? Pc have no optical out...
What is a competent usb a to usb micro that doesn't have Rf noise, ect

It depends on the motherboard. My somewhat high-end Asus ROG Strix motherboard does have optical out. My previous Asus (same price range roughly) did not. I was using a separate, high-end sound card, Asus Xonar STX II for optical out (now for sale).

May 23, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #18,476 of 22,465
Or your Hugo 2 disconnects after PC has gone to sleep. Then when your PC is woken, the Hugo 2 is not accessible and needs re-enabling.

This, kind of - the Hugo 2 doesnt appear to be disconnected it just doesn't work after the computer wakes from sleep mode. After waking after sleep, the computer says the chord is connected, enabled and working properly. If I go to sound settings the master volume line is going up and down so it clearly thinks it is sending sound out; just nothing comes out of the Hugo! If I then go into settings and disable / re-enable the Hugo it works fine.

May 23, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #18,477 of 22,465
May 23, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #18,478 of 22,465
My 'long-term' review of the Hugo 2 video is now up here:

May 23, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #18,479 of 22,465
This, kind of - the Hugo 2 doesnt appear to be disconnected it just doesn't work after the computer wakes from sleep mode. After waking after sleep, the computer says the chord is connected, enabled and working properly. If I go to sound settings the master volume line is going up and down so it clearly thinks it is sending sound out; just nothing comes out of the Hugo! If I then go into settings and disable / re-enable the Hugo it works fine.

It's been a long time since I used my Hugo 2 on my PC, so I can't remember what happened.

I have a TT2 connected to my PC now. After the PC wakes from sleep, I can get the sound going again:

1. By restarting the music player, if the music player was running.
2. By restarting the browser if e.g. I was watching YouTube.
3. Sometimes restarting the browser does not get sound in browsers going again. I have to restart my music player (JRiver), and start playing a track for a second. That gets audio up and running again. Then with a restarted browser, I can get sound going on YouTube etc.
4. If all else fails, reboot PC. Although re-enabling like you do would most likely work.

That might work. However I do recall Hugo 2 and TT2 having different quirks.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #18,480 of 22,465
It's been a long time since I used my Hugo 2 on my PC, so I can't remember what happened.

I have a TT2 connected to my PC now. After the PC wakes from sleep, I can get the sound going again:

1. By restarting the music player, if the music player was running.
2. By restarting the browser if e.g. I was watching YouTube.
3. Sometimes restarting the browser does not get sound in browsers going again. I have to restart my music player (JRiver), and start playing a track for a second. That gets audio up and running again. Then with a restarted browser, I can get sound going on YouTube etc.
4. If all else fails, reboot PC. Although re-enabling like you do would most likely work.

That might work. However I do recall Hugo 2 and TT2 having different quirks.

Yes, i also works if I restart the Groove Media player. I guess that's a workaround, but a bit of a pain.

@ChordElectronics - Any advice you can give on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back