Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Feb 13, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #18,091 of 22,463
i wonder if desktop mode will work on hugo2 with 2go added and whether there will be a desktop mode on 2go2yu so when you turn the streamer on you don't need to worry about charging it. that would eliminate pure battery operation though:thinking:
So many questions, not enough answers. Waiti until the weekend.:)

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #18,093 of 22,463
I started a thread on the 2Go and 2Yu here.

Feb 13, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #18,094 of 22,463
In this respect I preferred mojopoly tonality/musicality when comparing to solo H2. Msclared H2 is way above mojo/poly in every aspect.

This has answered many questions for me "Should I upgrade to a Hugo 2 especially with my primary use is out of the home"

Guess MojoPoly shall still be my weapon of choice

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #18,096 of 22,463
From the 2yu product page it feels like there's more to the 2yu than just some ports:

2yu boasts 2,000 MIPS (million instructions per second) of processing power, an integrated sample rate converter, plus a low-jitter audio phase lock loop. Highly flexible in its potential applications, 2go with 2yu is also ideal for installers wishing to create a discreet remote Roon streaming solution: the duo can be wired into an Ethernet port to provide streaming to a system in any room. 2yu alone can also be used with PCs and Macs via USB to create a high-quality USB-to-digital-audio convertor for audio.

An integrated sample rate converter? M Scaler-lite?

A high-quality USB-to-digital-audio convertor for audio? So USB-in to optical or coax out, presumably re-clocked? Seems Mutec-like?

Interesting! Wish I was in NYC to have a listen!

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #18,099 of 22,463
Or with my Samsung 4K QLED TV streaming to my Chord Dave :p

So I really don’t see why this thing cost so much money (unless it has a mini mscalar build in).

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #18,101 of 22,463
I'm thinking the unthinkable, and eating my words. I might not get the 2go at a price greater than $1000. There are good, cheaper options, aren't there? Particularly since, as I understand it, my Hugo 2 already reclocks data sent to it. No need for another devise with its own expensive clock.

What do you all think? Any recommendations for another steamer?

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #18,102 of 22,463
I'm thinking the unthinkable, and eating my words. I might not get the 2go at a price greater than $1000. There are good, cheaper options, aren't there? Particularly since, as I understand it, my Hugo 2 already reclocks data sent to it. No need for another devise with its own expensive clock.

What do you all think? Any recommendations for another steamer?

Looking for a static/desktop solution or mobile?

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #18,103 of 22,463
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #18,104 of 22,463
Desktop is fine. That's how I use my h2

In that case I'd recommend something from Allo as they make pretty nice RPi based streamers. There are a lot of players in this space now, but Allo is my favorite.

Either the DigiOne Signature Player if you want coax or the USBridge Signature Player if you want USB. Or you can stack the DigiOne Signature board on the USBridge Signature like I have and have the best of both worlds if you want choice.

Either way I highly recommend adding on their "Shanti" LPS rather than running a cheap SMPS. To my ears, and in my setup, this made a very large difference.

There's a bit of a learning curve to RPi based solutions, but it's well worth it IMO as you get a ton of gear for the money compared to out of the box solutions from larger manufacturers.

Feb 14, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #18,105 of 22,463
In that case I'd recommend something from Allo as they make pretty nice RPi based streamers. There are a lot of players in this space now, but Allo is my favorite.

Either the DigiOne Signature Player if you want coax or the USBridge Signature Player if you want USB. Or you can stack the DigiOne Signature board on the USBridge Signature like I have and have the best of both worlds if you want choice.

Either way I highly recommend adding on their "Shanti" LPS rather than running a cheap SMPS. To my ears, and in my setup, this made a very large difference.

There's a bit of a learning curve to RPi based solutions, but it's well worth it IMO as you get a ton of gear for the money compared to out of the box solutions from larger manufacturers.
Thanks! I just went to their website. There seems to be quite a learning curve involved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back