Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 21, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #17,656 of 22,467
I am not too worried about that knowing how far Poly has come. It took a while, sure, but the thing is now rock solid be it on the go or my home/work WiFi.

I am sure that 2Go’s GoFigure will be an enhanced version of Poly’s, which has finally come of age.

So the signs are good I’d say..even though I’m out if it costs anywhere close to 2k..

To illustrate this, I have been playing music on the Poly for two hours now and controlling it remotely via Rigelian to verify it hasn’t become “stuck” as it used to (burning in my new CA Solaris special edition)

Everything is now seamless with no freezing/Poly dropping off the network as was the case way too often. Playing for two hours straight with no issues was unimaginable a year ago...

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #17,657 of 22,467
To illustrate this, I have been playing music on the Poly for two hours now and controlling it remotely via Rigelian to verify it hasn’t become “stuck” as it used to (burning in my new CA Solaris special edition)

Everything is now seamless with no freezing/Poly dropping off the network as was the case way too often. Playing for two hours straight with no issues was unimaginable a year ago...

Ah OK, you have an 'i' device to control your Poly. I think things work well in the Apple ecosystem with Poly. Android users are not so happy and I doubt 2Go will be any better supported by Android devices, where there are so many different phones and Android versions.

Maybe Chord needs to stop advertising support for anything other than Apple and most/all of the complaints will disappear overnight.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #17,658 of 22,467
Day 11 - All the elements are now brought together by hand.

After the batteries are added and the device is individually tested to guarantee benchmark performance, each of the finishing components are hand-assembled together. Screwing the optical glass lens to the aluminium chassis is one of the final stages of assembly.

#12DaysOfHugo2

these posts have been fascinating to follow.

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #17,661 of 22,467
And that's a wrap!

Thank you for joining us in counting down to Christmas Eve with Hugo 2, we hope the journey has been insightful.

We have an exciting year ahead of us, with a big announcement to come very early on... Stay tuned.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #17,663 of 22,467
Well that was a bit of a lame way to end the countdown. Disappointed.

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #17,664 of 22,467
Well that was a bit of a lame way to end the countdown. Disappointed.

Unless it's still coming- a bit confused. The last post reads Not long, to go...

Would be a major anticlimax if the announcement is in only in January.

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #17,665 of 22,467
Unless it's still coming- a bit confused. The last post reads Not long, to go...

Would be a major anticlimax if the announcement is in only in January.

Thought the same

Dec 24, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #17,668 of 22,467
And that's a wrap!

Thank you for joining us in counting down to Christmas Eve with Hugo 2, we hope the journey has been insightful.

We have an exciting year ahead of us, with a big announcement to come very early on... Stay tuned.

Are they serious about this or are they just having a laugh? Early on when? 2053? In any event, if they already know what they are going to announce, then why don't they just go ahead and announce it?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #17,669 of 22,467
Are they serious about this or are they just having a laugh? Early one when? 2053? In any event, if they already know what they are going to announce, then why don't they just go ahead and announce it?

My point exactly lol

Dec 24, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #17,670 of 22,467
Are they serious about this or are they just having a laugh? Early one when? 2053? In any event, if they already know what they are going to announce, then why don't they just go ahead and announce it?
It's been announced, that it will be announced. You can't have all at once. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back