Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 17, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #17,627 of 22,467
As noted, you can use the bluetooth and while it's not optimal, it still sounds relatively good and is quite convenient.

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #17,628 of 22,467
The Bluetooth on the Hugo 2 from my iPod Touch is not quite as good as the direct connection Impacto DAP with the T5P-2 phones. This is no surprise as Apple's implementation of audio Bluetooth is not great, as I believe you cannot implement aptX at the moment on iOS devices. Hopefully this is somewhere in the pipeline. The Hugo was only showing 44K 16 bit codec streaming on Bluetooth. It should work with aptX from my MacBook Pro but I may need to do some tweaking in Terminal to activate this.

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #17,630 of 22,467
I just wanted to be able to stream decent quality digital audio from my Apple devices to the Beyerdynamic T5P-2 phones. The Impacto DAP is OK but the audio has rather closed in feeling and having to remove the DAP battery to charge it is a poor bit of design.

I have managed to cobble together a daisy chain of dongles and adapters and I am currently streaming HD audio 384K/32 bit from my MBP. I now begin see what folk are swooning about on the Hugo 2. I would have said its AQ is about on a par with my Benchmark Media DAC3 but the Crossfeed control gives it even more spaciousness. Solo classical piano, which comprises a lot of my listening is very realistic. Currently listening to HD tracks version of Debussy and Messien Etudes. I am glad I fired up the remote as the "Dim" feature is fairly essential to dull the "boiled fruit sweets" gleaming at you.

Apple are showing the Lightning Camera Connector Kit as being delivered by post tomorrow and if our postman arrives at his usual time of between 9 and 10, even at Xmas, I should have the connector before I leave. I can use the USB-3A to Micro USB cable I am currently using as the final link to the Hugo 2 on my daisy chain from the MBP (male USB-C to female mini HDMI, male mini HDMI to female USB-3A finally male USB-3A to male Micro USB).

Dec 17, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #17,631 of 22,467
There are several owners who post about using either a Roon Nucleus, or a NUC running Roon, as an input source for their Chord dacs.
@Amberlamps is one of the owners, so maybe he could start the feedback rolling for you.
:slight_smile:
Yes, I should give him a nudge for some feedback as I can see this could be my next step exchanging my airport express unless another raising of thE ROON eternal subscription which just went up $200 to $699l ike a slap in the face on a Friday afternoon...at least the Glögg warms a bit........would like streaming upgrade from the Node 2I (LIVING ROOM and airport express(BEDROOM), also have 400+ RBCD and handfull HDCD, HD Audio, Blu ray music discs,(only a few) and a 50 SACD 's which i use with my trusted Oppo BDBPinmy living room but would like to put most of it on a SSD with streamer and use CH2 as DAC and portable/headphone which why I like to have the 2GO, rest tobe available via roon or similar like Blusound (though interface not as good) that said usingCH2/ AK120 with optical out and 2 x Micro cards and for travelling excellent as the AAK120 is very small and excellent sound however quirky micro card slots which tend to suddenly not working unless you are married to a woman with long nails (MINE HAS SHORT...)to be able to push them in/out regularily to make it read them...! Anyhow, rambledonagain...must be the spiced mulled wine catching up with me...:)

Dec 17, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #17,632 of 22,467
I've asked this question on the Audeze LCD-i4.. I listen to these IEMs through my Android phone, a Hugo 2 (sometimes) at home and a mojo (more often) when I need portability.

The LCD-i4 needs a lot of equalizing to sound right. Can you recommend an Android music app with a good parametric equalizer? I'm using USB Audio Player Pro (uapp). Though it has a parametric equalizer, it only seems to allow for up to 6 bands. I would ideally like an app that a bit more flexible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #17,633 of 22,467
I've asked this question on the Audeze LCD-i4.. I listen to these IEMs through my Android phone, a Hugo 2 (sometimes) at home and a mojo (more often) when I need portability.

The LCD-i4 needs a lot of equalizing to sound right. Can you recommend an Android music app with a good parametric equalizer? I'm using USB Audio Player Pro (uapp). Though it has a parametric equalizer, it only seems to allow for up to 6 bands. I would ideally like an app that a bit more flexible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Personally, I use my LCD-i3 with Hugo 2 and Mojopoly and don't feel the need for equalization. I own both the wired and bluetooth cipher cables but haven't given them a go just yet.
I am an iOS user, does anyone have tips for the best app to use for when I do give them a go out of my phone?

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #17,634 of 22,467
Those of us interested in the Hugo 2 have been posting here for 3 years. This has resulted in 17000 posts on the H2. Have you read those 17000 posts yet?
You’re forgetting that perhaps the thread could be shorter with more pertinent information and prove more useful if endless speculation about a different device though, admittedly related, was kept at bay. I certainly read every single page before my first purchase of the Hugo 2, and it was over 1000 pages then. Lately I stop by every once in a while and it’s the same thing about ostensible features of the 2Go.

At RMAF I was told it’d be released by the end or the year, by a Chord rep and it was even in the brochure they provided. I’d be the first to welcome actual information about the 2Go, Hugo 2 marriage, but until this device doesn’t remain elusive I would have preferred if it had its own thread similar to the Poly thread for the MoJo. Perhaps am the only one bothered by it, so carry on.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #17,637 of 22,467
Its absurd to ask people to read 3 years of discussion on the Hugo2.

People need to chill out, be more friendly to newbs and realize we are all in this together.
I always scroll through a new thread before I comment or seek advice. Even if it means hundreds of pages (might take 2-3 days). I don't necessarily read each and every comment, but I follow the main line of the conversation. Unfortunately on head-fi there is a lot of empty talk which makes this more of a hassle.
That said, I still get a feel and understanding of the gear I read the thread of. And then there is the search function as well.
If there is really not enough information to answer my questions after scrolling through and searching, I post.
Most newbies are lazy or just don't know how much useful information is available by a quick forum search.

Just think, other newbies will come by and they will have to scroll through all the irrelevant chit-chat instead of finding useful information by a click. We already gave them two irrelevant posts to scroll threw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back