Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #8,236 of 22,467
Now that Hugo 2 has been around a little while I'm wondering what filters folks have settled on? I can't always reliably tell the difference between filters. Tender by Blur seems to highlight the differences better than most. I guessed 5 out of 5 times right blind switching between the green and red filters. The green had a more realistic/three dimensional feel, the red a little flatter. The snare drum, rim hits, and vocal helped give the game away.

From memory I do think Hugo 2 is less forgiving on many tracks compared to my old Hugo TT and has less perceived bottom end (bass). However, feed it a quality recording and it excels and rewards with sound like you have never heard.

I've also experimented with Intona USB isolator and cannot tell the difference between running Macbook on battery power without Intona, running Macbook on battery power with Intona, and running Macbook on mains power with Intona.

I only run white (highest sound quality), I can tell a difference with the filters when using my CIEMs. I wouldn't bother with USB isolators.

Oct 2, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #8,238 of 22,467
Hello, I just got my chord hugo2, very happy.
But I'm quoting a case, vannuys is impossible due to my location but I've seen that several shopped Valentinum.
That such experience and manufacturing time?

Best regards
I I have one of Valentinum case and they are absolutely great quality with very good price. I received my after week. It was dispatched by Ukrainian Post next day after payment to Poland. Payment is through pay pal on Etsy site. You can arrange details and colours to your liking. He has two models one similar to official and one his own design - both seems to be currently on sale in black. You can aproach him - e mail via etsy site - he replied me fast though I got impression he seems to use google translate to reply.

Oct 2, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #8,240 of 22,467

Hugo @ Night ..... *sighs with content while listening to Portugal. The Man* :) :)
Hmm, I suppose one could use some HUGO 2s in the Christmas tree and save some money on other coloured glass balls?
Meanwhile,not so secretly, hoping HUGO 2 can be properly dimmed for those of us who buy DACs for optimal music reproduction and not as status symbols or Christmas decorations..

Oct 2, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #8,241 of 22,467
Hmm, I suppose one could use some HUGO 2s in the Christmas tree and save some money on other coloured glass balls?
Meanwhile,not so secretly, hoping HUGO 2 can be properly dimmed for those of us who buy DACs for optimal music reproduction and not as status symbols or Christmas decorations..

Yes, you will be pleased to know that pressing Crossfeed and Filter GREATLY reduces the light to almost nothing... :)

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #8,242 of 22,467
Thank you all, just order a custom order in valentinum and I have to wait 5 days.

I have some doubts regarding the characteristics of hugo2.
Causing a bit of static while charging is normal? With mojo never me occurred due to always used it with a case.
And finally, it is also normal that power, filter, input and x-phd, balls have movement or should be static?
They may be somewhat convoluted and silly questions, but I am very detailed with my bugs.

Best regards

PS: Anyone know why roon only shows available up to dsd256?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #8,244 of 22,467
Thank you all, just order a custom order in valentinum and I have to wait 5 days.

I have some doubts regarding the characteristics of hugo2.
Causing a bit of static while charging is normal? With mojo never me occurred due to always used it with a case.
And finally, it is also normal that power, filter, input and x-phd, balls have movement or should be static?
They may be somewhat convoluted and silly questions, but I am very detailed with my bugs.

Best regards

PS: Anyone know why roon only shows available up to dsd256?

Should not be any static when charging. There is a little movement and rattle on the balls, this is normal. They should not rotate.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #8,247 of 22,467
Hi guys, today I listened to the Hugo2 and Hugo TT with the utopia and a silver wireworld cable.
I wanted to get one today but couldn’t decide...
The TT sounds more powerful and open while the H2 has more detail. Bother can easily drive the utopia. Any suggestions? What would you pull the plug on? Is there a TT2 in the making?
Thanks

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #8,249 of 22,467
Hi guys, today I listened to the Hugo2 and Hugo TT with the utopia and a silver wireworld cable.
The TT sounds more powerful and open while the H2 has more detail. Bother can easily drive the utopia. Any suggestions? What would you pull the plug on? Is there a TT2 in the making?
Thanks
I would personally go for details in a DAC and devolve power and openness to a desktop amp.

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #8,250 of 22,467
Thanks

Best if you can take them both home and take a few days to decide. For headphone use only H2 would be my choice having owned both, I prefer H2 with Nighthawk headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back