Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 18, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #8,026 of 22,463
Hugo 2 to WA2 to headphones is bad choice. Hugo 2 to headphone is good choice. From source inboard dac (which automatically come with computer) to WA2 to heapdhone is good choice.

I actually agree. Initially I bought the Hugo 2 to replace my old Audiolab M-DAC as source but after testing I don't think the Hugo 2 needs to pair with any amps for any of the headphones in my inventory. So right now I'm debating whether to keep my WA2 or should I sell it to claim back some funds....

Sep 18, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #8,029 of 22,463
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/09/top-of-the-pops-chord-electronics-outstanding-hugo-2/

"On sound quality and utility – judging it as a complete package – Chord Electronics’ Hugo 2 is the finest DAC I’ve seen/heard/used to date."

Yeah so it seams Hugo2 is one league above Hugo TT and two leagues above Mojo/Hugo1 :D

What I found to be an interesting side note is that John mentioned Eichmann Bullet Plugs to fit Hugo2... and that those were terminated on an analog Curious Cable...

The Curious USB is in my system now for 2 weeks and it is really worth the price IMHO.
Holographic Soundstage stands out the most. It seems to complement the H2 and Nightowls very well. Were Soundstage placement and spacial cues weren't so easily confirmed before it is now clearly apparent how much more life like the 3d Soundscape has become.

Cheers

Sep 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #8,030 of 22,463
Err im not sure that ch 2 can be rated over TT and frankly although a more refine sound and a better dac than ch1, id put it ch2 a half league better, just sayin

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #8,031 of 22,463
Yeah so it seams Hugo2 is one league above Hugo TT and two leagues above Mojo/Hugo1 :D

What I found to be an interesting side note is that John mentioned Eichmann Bullet Plugs to fit Hugo2... and that those were terminated on an analog Curious Cable...

The Curious USB is in my system now for 2 weeks and it is really worth the price IMHO.
Holographic Soundstage stands out the most. It seems to complement the H2 and Nightowls very well. Were Soundstage placement and spacial cues weren't so easily confirmed before it is now clearly apparent how much more life like the 3d Soundscape has become.

Cheers

Same person that just reviewed the H2, reviewed the Curious USB Cable a few years back.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2...-curious-a-knockout-usb-cable-from-australia/

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #8,033 of 22,463
Sep 18, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #8,035 of 22,463
Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #8,039 of 22,463
Ok, I'm very happy with this.

Next move is to attach my inbound, cheap, old-school NES knockoff USB controller which will serve as the next, previous, play-toggle buttons, and maybe other things. I think I've already worked out the javascript required to interact with Roon. But the point is that I can get up and walk around with my Roon-over-802.11ac, Hugo2-powered choons!!1 Will be working on the MPD-enabled solution for using it away from home.

Oh, and the Valentinum leather case is fantastic and doubly so for the asking price. Got it just the other day.

Now if only Chord would get back with me about a replacement plastic part for the IR window on the bottom. It arrived with a hairline crack.

DSCF6438.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back