Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 6, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #14,956 of 22,433
Matt i also bought a new silver hugo2 over the summer from nintronics. They said they would look into the cable but i never heard back on that specific point. Am i still entitled to the gift? cheers mk.

PM with with your details. I will need to ask our sales guys to investigate with Nintronics as it might be your purchase was before the promotion started.

Dec 7, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #14,957 of 22,433
I was curious was is the current, best fit solution to deal with RF interference when using a smartphone as the source for the Hugo 2. I have been using mine strictly as a desktop DAC, and thought I'd try otg from my Note 9, since I like the sound from the hugo2 so much. USB Audio pro and Neutron work perfect, but I can hear the phone processor working through my headphones, or iems. I can also hear interference through Tidal, when each song changes. Do I need better cables( I have a silver short custom otg and a cheaper off the shelf monoprice otg), or is it that Samsung devices don't play well with the Hugo 2? Is there a better USB C to micro USB on the market? I am dumbfounded as to where all the noise is coming from

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #14,959 of 22,433
I was curious was is the current, best fit solution to deal with RF interference when using a smartphone as the source for the Hugo 2. I have been using mine strictly as a desktop DAC, and thought I'd try otg from my Note 9, since I like the sound from the hugo2 so much. USB Audio pro and Neutron work perfect, but I can hear the phone processor working through my headphones, or iems. I can also hear interference through Tidal, when each song changes. Do I need better cables( I have a silver short custom otg and a cheaper off the shelf monoprice otg), or is it that Samsung devices don't play well with the Hugo 2? Is there a better USB C to micro USB on the market? I am dumbfounded as to where all the noise is coming from
I think Greenbow is right in that there may be RF interference from your phone leaking into the H2. I have an external amp with op-amps that are sensitive to this noise. Is your cord long enough to store the phone and Hugo2 in separate places far enough away from each other while you're carrying them?

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #14,960 of 22,433
I think Greenbow is right in that there may be RF interference from your phone leaking into the H2. I have an external amp with op-amps that are sensitive to this noise. Is your cord long enough to store the phone and Hugo2 in separate places far enough away from each other while you're carrying them?

I will try and order a longer cable maybe 3ft, and a better shield cable. The interaction noise is rather bothersome. I will try airplane mode, but that seems counter to the portable aspect of the device and using streaming services.

Also what about the design is causing so much background noise with sensitive iems? I have read this entire thread lol, but I am curious from a design perspective. I atlas items, and the background hiss is pretty significant. Its fine with my less sensitive iems, and cans...but always looking for more understanding.

Dec 7, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #14,961 of 22,433
I will try and order a longer cable maybe 3ft, and a better shield cable. The interaction noise is rather bothersome. I will try airplane mode, but that seems counter to the portable aspect of the device and using streaming services.

Also what about the design is causing so much background noise with sensitive iems? I have read this entire thread lol, but I am curious from a design perspective. I atlas items, and the background hiss is pretty significant. Its fine with my less sensitive iems, and cans...but always looking for more understanding.

Phones emit large amounts of signal, its as simple as that. I once had some amps that picked up the iphone from about 8 feet away.

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #14,962 of 22,433
I am dumbfounded as to where all the noise is coming from
During the early days of the Mojo thread, posters raised the risk of iem cables acting as radio aerials, and picking up the RFI emitted by mobile phones.
Thankfully the risk turned out close to zero, and i cannot remember any iems that caused an issue.
Maybe you are just unlucky in using iems, with the right length of unshielded cable, and maybe some quirk of the internal driver design, that makes them susceptible to the RFI emitted by your phone, on a particular mobile frequency band.
So you could experiment with using a different mobile band, and see if that brings improvement.

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #14,965 of 22,433
While I still teeter on whether to get and when to get the HMS, my current love for classical orchestral music is the Opus 3 optical to H2 to T1.

There's something I can't pinpoint really well about the T1 that, to my ears, makes it a pleasing match for large orchestral pieces. The HD800 has a wider immediately noticeable soundstage, the Utopia provdes "in your face" detail and energy, but the T1 does something I can't understand, where, when paired with the H2 (and now the Opus 3 via optical), orchestral pieces sometimes seem to gain grand sense of depth.

It's probably just my mind playing tricks with me, but has seemed consistent. It's not exactly portable, but it is transportable. Been hooked on this setup for the past two weeks and can't seem to get enough of it.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #14,966 of 22,433
UE did you make that saying up the cat who ate the cheese i've never heard that before?:beyersmile:Shouldn't that be the cat who got the cream?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #14,967 of 22,433
Guys juat recieved delivery of the 2go and now needing a case, can anyone point me in the right direction please

Thanks in advance

Deano

i came across this bizarre post from 2017. he must have meant hugo 2?

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #14,969 of 22,433
UE did you make that saying up the cat who ate the cheese i've never heard that before?:beyersmile:Shouldn't that be the cat who got the cream?

The full version is a cat ate some cheese and waited for a mouse, with baited breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back