Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
  1. Currawong Contributor
    Not at all. MQA digitally alters the original file. Whether that makes things better or worse is definitely up for debate, but in my own listening, it varies from album-to-album. You'd have to ask @Rob Watts specifically what is going on with the Hugo 2 though. He isn't a fan of MQA though.

2. Rob Watts
    You should be able to easily hear how bad MQA actually is on a Mojo - but for sure, because of Hugo 2's extra transparency, and the better WTA filters, it will be more apparent on Hugo 2.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    bidn, AC-12, Peter Hyatt and 2 others like this.
  3. proedros
    there is now a chord hugo 2 for sale at the amps FS forum, for 1600 euros

there is also a low-baller asking to buy it for 1300 euros - he will probably get a balloon of hot air instead

just a heads up to anyone interested in buying H2

4. PaulOlivetti
    Thanks @RobWatts. It was a real wake-up call for sure.

And let me add my thanks to the hundreds, really fantastic job. You literally brought a whole new level of enjoyment into my life.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    MTMECraig, AC-12 and Peter Hyatt like this.
  5. miketlse
    deleted

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  6. Currawong Contributor
    For those people who might be interested, I just discovered Michael Hedges. Absolutely stunning guitar playing, especially with classical cello music.

Wildcatsare1, junix, Hooster and 3 others like this.
  7. Lazyboy_sg
    Good recommendation. My kind of music. Love Earl Klugh as well from the Jazz genre.

DMck2000 likes this.
  8. Triode User
    An excellent recommendation. Many thanks.

9. aldavey
    Thanks for this, really good.:gs1000smile:

10. aldavey
    I've just installed a NUC running Rock. Oh my what a difference from running Roon from my iMac with the H2. I would recommend this to anyone running Roon into H2, to my ears this is a huge improvement. YMMV.

11. commtrd
    At the risk of sounding like a moron what is a NUC running Rock?

12. Whazzzup
    DIY music server running roon.

13. aldavey
    Follow this link, this guy actually knows what he's talking about:

14. kubig123
    thanks, I'm listening on tidal, great music!

15. Light - Man
    Sorry Sir, you are not the only moron on here (myself included), a moron, some say is a person who usually owns their own music and usually stores it on a hard drive, etc. and plays it at will, really simple!

People who are not morons - usually have their stuff floating around up in the sky in one gigantic cloud that they pay a fortune for (on a monthly basis ) and usually never own their own music but they rely on other people and hi-technology and really complicated hardware and software - to essentially crack a nut, when they can buy nuts without their shells on - if they looked harder! :ksc75smile:

[​IMG]

Mython, maxxevv, Deftone and 5 others like this.