Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #376 of 22,433

Again, i have wrote this many time, Hi-Res is only benefit if the new recording is record as that level. 
All Pass recording there isn't any benefit to it except changing the original sound. In other work, if you DAC is able to do 16/44.1 correctly and well. you should be happy.
Also, while most of us is not willing to accept your transport make the huge different is to what you feeding the DAC. 

Over all, every bit from the chain counts.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #378 of 22,433

Again, i have wrote this many time, Hi-Res is only benefit if the new recording is record as that level. 
All Pass recording there isn't any benefit to it except changing the original sound. In other work, if you DAC is able to do 16/44.1 correctly and well. you should be happy.
Also, while most of us is not willing to accept your transport make the huge different is to what you feeding the DAC. 

Over all, every bit from the chain counts.

Agreed for the most part.  The only point I would make is if you have a good older analog recording and it's transfered to a higher res format, I would take that one in a minute.  But, having a 192kb/s recording of a 44,1kb/s master, well that's pointless.  Can't make a silk purse...

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #379 of 22,433
  Agreed for the most part.  The only point I would make is if you have a good older analog recording and it's transfered to a higher res format, I would take that one in a minute.  But, having a 192kb/s recording of a 44,1kb/s master, well that's pointless.  Can't make a silk purse...

UELong, 
Yes, been there done that, 7 years ago. with my 30K RIG alone not including cable. to 24/96 Digital Master. Best you can back then, with that you can keep 24/96 master in CDs format just can't play on regular CDP Only able to play with Computer RIG. With all these we are trying to re-capture analog with today technology. 
Who know when will end. 

:p

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #380 of 22,433
As a Chord Hugo owner, I have been getting music dropouts via Bluetooth, even when the Chord Hugo is next to my iPhone 6. I get that the Bluetooth range will improve on Chord Hugo 2, but will there be closer to no dropouts?

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #381 of 22,433
As a Chord Hugo owner, I have been getting music dropouts via Bluetooth, even when the Chord Hugo is next to my iPhone 6. I get that the Bluetooth range will improve on Chord Hugo 2, but will there be closer to no dropouts?

I had the same problem with my Hugo, to the point where I stopped using this feature. I imagine Chord received complaints about the Bluetooth performance, so I anticipate the Hugo 2 will be better.

By the way, it appears the BT receiver is now on top whereas on the Hugo, it's on the bottom. Please correct me if I have this wrong, but if true, that may be how Chord is addressing the problem.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #385 of 22,433
Jan 20, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #386 of 22,433
Bluetooth is the worst connection you can find. You must have tons of other item around the iphone and Hugo.
Try to take it in your car and try.

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #388 of 22,433

Did you try turning your Hugo upside down?

I turned the Hugo upside down. I used the Okyno HF player from my iPhone 6. Interestingly enough, I haven't heard dropouts from 16-bit flac and DSD (that's downsampling to PCM) for the past several minutes.

Bluetooth is the worst connection you can find. You must have tons of other item around the iphone and Hugo.
Try to take it in your car and try.

Indeed, I'm not fond of Bluetooth connection. It's used only for convenience.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #390 of 22,433
John, will the Poly unit for Hugo2 still be portable? I saw your post saying it has a nice desktop feature and am a bit afraid if it is created to be used desktop only and cannot be used in mobile situations. Would appreciate your kind suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back