Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 24, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #18,497 of 22,467
Good god,hope im still covered, I bought mine used on Audiogon. I actually emailed Chord support team and the only thing the asked me was where I bought the unit, then crickets. No reply back after I said I bought used.
According to Chord warranty, as long as you have the original purchase receipt from the Audiogon guy who sold it to you, your warranty is valid.
My experience is that the local dealer usually is responsible for the Chord warranty. Based on what I’ve heard from people on Head-Fi here, if you don’t have a local dealer to take care of the warranty for you, it becomes a bit of a chore to send the unit back to Chord yourself. But still, the warranty is usually honoured. Well, it has to be if you have the Audiogon guy’s old receipt. If you don’t, it sounds like Chord usually still honours the warranty. Because it’s not like there are lots of fake products out there. The real issue becomes what if the Audiogon guy broke the unit slightly, or knew it’s defective but didn’t break it and then sold it to you because he didn’t want to deal with Chord to repair it. Or what if the product is already out of warranty...

May 24, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #18,498 of 22,467
According to Chord warranty, as long as you have the original purchase receipt from the Audiogon guy who sold it to you, your warranty is valid.
My experience is that the local dealer usually is responsible for the Chord warranty. Based on what I’ve heard from people on Head-Fi here, if you don’t have a local dealer to take care of the warranty for you, it becomes a bit of a chore to send the unit back to Chord yourself. But still, the warranty is usually honoured. Well, it has to be if you have the Audiogon guy’s old receipt. If you don’t, it sounds like Chord usually still honours the warranty. Because it’s not like there are lots of fake products out there. The real issue becomes what if the Audiogon guy broke the unit slightly, or knew it’s defective but didn’t break it and then sold it to you because he didn’t want to deal with Chord to repair it. Or what if the product is already out of warranty...
Lol, well fingers crossed, thank you for the answers.

May 25, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #18,502 of 22,467
Hi Guys,

One the Hugo 2 once it is fully charged is it okay and safe to plug it into the mains and listen to it via mains power rather than delete the battery power or should you only use it using battery power?

Thanks in advance.

That's fine to do.

May 25, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #18,504 of 22,467
My Hugo 2 overheated and shutdown a couple more times today While in desktop mode. Ordered a heat sink from amazon $12 from tattoo, will report back if It works.

I'd probably get it serviced, sounds like something not right, if you're using the stock charger.

May 26, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #18,506 of 22,467
Don't know which thread I was mentioning the FiiO M9 as a transport; it has 2TB SD-Card slot. However (long story short) I came across the FiiO M11, and it has 4TB storage potential. Two 2TB card slots. Plus USB and coaxial output. It even has an android OS.

Folks always looking asking about transports, so since the FiiO have tons of storage I dropped heads-up.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #18,510 of 22,467
Do you plug usb a to b and then from the galvanic USB a to micro (H2)? Does this thing help with Rf? Is the difference audiable?

yes.
not sure if it helps with RF.
Yes, major audible difference in my case.
Noise floor lowered significantly (I’m using Hugo 2 as a DAC for my gaming PC which has a lot of noise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back