Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #17,341 of 22,467
20191028_165251.jpg The screw

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #17,342 of 22,467
Mine takes far longer than 4 hours to charge using the chord charger even when half charged

Hugo 2 will have reached almost 100% soon after being plugged in, when starting half charged. It goes into trickle mode though when almost fully charged. Trickle charge takes a good long while to top up totally. Mine is exactly the same.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #17,343 of 22,467
Oct 29, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #17,344 of 22,467
Hugo 2 will have reached almost 100% soon after being plugged in, when starting half charged. It goes into trickle mode though when almost fully charged. Trickle charge takes a good long while to top up totally. Mine is exactly the same.
Good to know thanks for that. It wasn’t really a problem but at least now I know why. Still loving the damn thing

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #17,346 of 22,467
Chord told me to contact this 3rd party repair service, looks like he charges $105/hr (likely + fees).

https://www.theservicedepartmentct.com

I hope it doesnt take 5 hours.
If it's not a warranty repair then I would take it apart myself first. If the screw is loose inside then it is likely that once opened it would be a simple screw it back in. If you get it done by the repair depot I would estimate 1/2hr max.

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #17,347 of 22,467
If it's not a warranty repair then I would take it apart myself first. If the screw is loose inside then it is likely that once opened it would be a simple screw it back in. If you get it done by the repair depot I would estimate 1/2hr max.

I bought it from the for-sale section. Also opening the unit would void the warranty anyway. I did take all the screws out but it didn't just come apart like I thought it would, its stuck or something so I just left it alone. Not worth messing it up even worse IMO, it doesn't just open up once all the screws are out, one side is clearly secured in some other manner, either way, not fiddling with it.

Also it's not just the screw that's messed up, it probably needs a new battery.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #17,350 of 22,467
5-6 years original hugo no problems....

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #17,351 of 22,467
5-6 years original hugo no problems....
You've got the TT1 I think. Brick crap house. Works great with the mscaler or Antipodes.

Oct 29, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #17,352 of 22,467
@Rob Watts

Apologies if this has been covered before, but this thread is huge. When using a DAP as transport with H2, is there any conceivable benefit to using coaxial SPDIF over USB?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #17,353 of 22,467
I bought it from the for-sale section. Also opening the unit would void the warranty anyway. I did take all the screws out but it didn't just come apart like I thought it would, its stuck or something so I just left it alone. Not worth messing it up even worse IMO, it doesn't just open up once all the screws are out, one side is clearly secured in some other manner, either way, not fiddling with it.

Also it's not just the screw that's messed up, it probably needs a new battery.

Once I opened mine trying to replace the battery. It's been too long that I can't remember the details. But I'm sure opening it up is not a big deal, though I didn't dare to play with the battery, which was tightly wrapped, sealed and glued to the shell, only cables coming out and connecting the circuit board. If my memory is correct, there were some cables linking the two parts of the shell, so I could only open it like opening a book. Taking out a screw shouldn't be a problem at all.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #17,354 of 22,467
Once I opened mine trying to replace the battery. It's been too long that I can't remember the details. But I'm sure opening it up is not a big deal, though I didn't dare to play with the battery, which was tightly wrapped, sealed and glued to the shell, only cables coming out and connecting the circuit board. If my memory is correct, there were some cables linking the two parts of the shell, so I could only open it like opening a book. Taking out a screw shouldn't be a problem at all.

It voids your warranty.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #17,355 of 22,467
I hope Ike1985 gets his Hugo2 issues resolved. Really good poster and valuable member on this site. Hope someone at Chord can step in and offer some assistance, but understand hands are tied on both sides since this is 2nd hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back