Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 25, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #16,638 of 22,465
Here is the link, but I am not sure that your screen reading software can provide audio, so you may have to ask someone to read the three pages to you.
I'll give it a go. I also have OCR software that might help. Thanks.
Just read it. More hands-on; a company I'm glad to support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 27, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #16,639 of 22,465
Hey guys, just a stupid question, can you plug two headphones at the same time to HUGO2? Since it has 2 outputs?

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #16,641 of 22,465
Just made the purchase of the hugo2. I am going to use it mostly with my lcd-4z. Just curious, do you guys think adding a headphone amp with the hugo2 will improve it's performance? I mean i am not complaining about it's performance, indeed i think it is pretty good.. but then as you guys know there's always upgrades available and room for improvements... any good amp recommendations to pair with hugo2 that's similar to its size?

Jul 28, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #16,642 of 22,465
Just made the purchase of the hugo2. I am going to use it mostly with my lcd-4z. Just curious, do you guys think adding a headphone amp with the hugo2 will improve it's performance? I mean i am not complaining about it's performance, indeed i think it is pretty good.. but then as you guys know there's always upgrades available and room for improvements... any good amp recommendations to pair with hugo2 that's similar to its size?

You technically (measurably) will not increase performance by adding more gear. The 'amp' in Hugo2 is the most transparent way to listen to music from the Hugo2, and the 'amp' is not just a separate component after the DAC like conventional DAC/amp gear as the two are tied together (similar to the line-out in conventional DACs). The 4z is well within the drive ability of the Hugo2 as well.

Subjectively, you may like the sound of another amp added to the mix so it would be helpful to know what you're looking for regarding sonic preferences.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #16,644 of 22,465

if you had the lcd-4 you would need an amp with the H2 but no need with the 4z.....the lcd-4 can be used with the dave but not the h2 IMHO...

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #16,647 of 22,465
Hi @Rob Watts

Does the HF filter work in WTA 1 or WTA 2?

If Hugo2 is fed PCM705kHz, does the HF setting still do it's thing or does the setting become obsolete for incoming PCM705/768 kHz ?

Cheers

Neither! It actually uses the 256FS to 2048FS filter, and the time constants are adjusted. So as far as the HF filter is concerned, it makes no difference what the original input was...

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #16,648 of 22,465
IMHO, you don't need to add an amp for the LCD-4z, they're fairly easy to drive and as @x RELIC x wrote.. well within H2 driving ability.
I tried them several times with my H2 (there is an Audeze dealer, walking distance from my home.. ) and they sound splendid, no need for more power.

LCD-4z are amazing, almost bought them several times.. but in the end I always come back to my LCD-i4 as all full size Audeze (and a lot of other) cans are just to heavy for me to enjoy for longer sessions.
LCD-i4 + H2 is probably one of the best combinations I ever tried.. most of the time that I want to buy new gear, I come back home.. listen to it for a couple of minutes and then say nah, I'm good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back