1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
  1. musickid
    Their new products do usb 3. Here is a link to their website. Audio is just a sidekick for this German firm. They are the real McCoy. I use optical from my imac so i don't need this now.

https://pro.intona.eu/en/products/

514077 likes this.
  2. miketlse
    They are sized according to the diameter of the cable they fit onto. I think mine was 3mm.

3. ray-dude
    Ferrites were hit and miss for me on USB. I suspect it was not having the filtering frequency properly tuned to whatever noise I had from my end point.

I’ve had a lot more luck with shielded cables, and I’ve actually had a lot of fun playing with different shielding configurations on the Lush^2 cable.

It is stunning how different various configurations sound, and a bit mind numbing to contemplate what mechanism there may be that could manifest in so many different signatures.

Throw something like an ISORegen in the chain, and the permutations magnify again. Madness.

Once we figure out what mechanism(s) could be driving these differences, I’m convinced we’ll have the roadmap to digital source nerdvana.

4. mmwwmm
  5. Deftone
    You could try a couple of jitterbugs with a short and well shielded usb cable.

6. Law87
    I tried idefender USB 3.0 and it didn't work out at all.

7. Deftone
    what do you mean

8. Egoquaero
    hey guys, is there a way to switch on Hugo 2 at 3V line level preset with a remote control?
    Basically I'm asking if there's a remote control combination for switching on the Hugo 2 in the same way as in switching it on by holding Power button and X-PHD button.

9. 514077
    I don't believe so.

10. dnnaudio
    Hi. I made silly mistake of plugging the Hugo 2 battery charger to the signal USB socket on the Hugo. The device was powered off and after a few seconds I realized this and unplugged. The device seem fine still works just wondering if I might have done some harm.

11. Currawong Contributor
    It's unlikely to have done any harm at all.

12. rkt31
    Usb has seperate pins for data and power so if you accidentally plug into wrong socket there will be no harm done.

13. dnnaudio
    Been listening so far it seems normal but I use coax input w/ my ipod classic source, will test also usb w/ laptop hopefully I did not screw it.

14. miketlse
    Don't worry, you are not the first person to make the mistake. You will have caused no damage.

15. Law87

if something would have went wrong, you would not have hear anything as you probably short circuit and brick your unit.