Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #16,607 of 22,467
Ferrites were hit and miss for me on USB. I suspect it was not having the filtering frequency properly tuned to whatever noise I had from my end point.

I’ve had a lot more luck with shielded cables, and I’ve actually had a lot of fun playing with different shielding configurations on the Lush^2 cable.

It is stunning how different various configurations sound, and a bit mind numbing to contemplate what mechanism there may be that could manifest in so many different signatures.

Throw something like an ISORegen in the chain, and the permutations magnify again. Madness.

Once we figure out what mechanism(s) could be driving these differences, I’m convinced we’ll have the roadmap to digital source nerdvana.

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #16,612 of 22,467
hey guys, is there a way to switch on Hugo 2 at 3V line level preset with a remote control?
Basically I'm asking if there's a remote control combination for switching on the Hugo 2 in the same way as in switching it on by holding Power button and X-PHD button.

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #16,614 of 22,467
Hi. I made silly mistake of plugging the Hugo 2 battery charger to the signal USB socket on the Hugo. The device was powered off and after a few seconds I realized this and unplugged. The device seem fine still works just wondering if I might have done some harm.

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #16,620 of 22,467
Tried USB input can't get it to work with an old Windows XP laptop - driver issues, but was able to get it working with iphone so all seems ok. From the very beginning since early days Hugo 1 I have always used only coax so not familiar with USB and after having tried for a moment I have to say the Hugo 2 USB signal input does not totally inspire confidence it seems delicate construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back