1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102
1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109
Next

Last
  1. greenkiwi
    A chord active x-over would be very cool... and they'd get to sell extra amps.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  2. Em2016
    Why sell extra amps when Rob is already developing his DX amp (power pulse array) technology?

As I mentioned earlier, let Rob do it all - DSP crossover, D-to-A and amplification of the speaker drivers... all inside the speaker.... one day (I hope).

By the way this hope is not just from my imagination. From a 2017 interview with Rob:

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.11.57 pm.png

https://www.headfonia.com/q-n-a-saturday-rob-watts/2/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    AC-12 and SoundeScapes like this.
  3. AC-12
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  4. IAMTHEEGGMAN
    Hi all, one question... when you use H2 as a dac connected to an external amp, can you still use H2 remote to control volume?

5. SteveOliver
    If its an amp with no gain/volume control then yes, absolutely. If its an amp with its own volume control then set that to the highest volume you would normally require and it should be OK. Make sure you start with the Hugo 2's output level low though otherwise it could get very loud, very quickly. :)

AC-12 and IAMTHEEGGMAN like this.
  6. GreenBow
    Yes you can. There is a line level setting on the Hugo 2, which can be acquired when starting up Hugo 2. However it's just a pre-set volume at a level which sources normally talk to amps. It is completely adjustable at any time.

IAMTHEEGGMAN likes this.
  7. IAMTHEEGGMAN
    Thank you guys. I'm thinking seriously about buying it and had the doubt.

8. greenkiwi
    I've been looking around, are all the analog outputs active at the same time? Or does plugging headphones into either of the headphone jacks cause the RCAs to mute? I'm thinking about getting some active speakers and it would be great to use the presence of headphones to mute/unmute. I figure with active speakers, I could roughly match the volume range as the headphones, since I'm guessing that it doesn't have different volume levels for the different outputs. (It's a feature I really love about the Emotiva DC-1 that I have. No worries about blowing headphones or speakers when switching.)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  9. guein
    Hello,

Plugging in headphones in Hugo 2 doesn´t make RCAs to mute, you will have sound output in both RCAs and jacks

I´ve tried this just now

BananaOoyoo, AC-12 and SteveOliver like this.
  10. AC-12
    Summer Project completed early. My goal was to optimise the usability/transportability of my Hugo2 rig. The IR remote control is mapped to the Hugo2 volume controls and navigation on the rPi. I did not expect the increase in SQ by optimising the digital source, but it's wonderful. Seed would have never been planted if not for all the optical reference chatter, so cheers for that fellas... Had horse-blinders on for USB.

flipbelt.png

11. musickid
    We want to see the whole rig...:beyersmile:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  12. Egoquaero
    Hey guys!
    Just upgraded from Mojo to Hugo 2!
    One important question: has anyone noticed/measured real sound quality differences between USB input and bluetooth aptx input?
    It'd be nice to have measurements and objective opinions on the matter.
    I connected my Macbook pro and Hugo 2 via bluetooth aptx and the sound quality seemed great to me. However I'm not used to Hugo 2 sound yet and so I wonder what you guys think.

Cheers!

13. miketlse
    I have had my Hugo 2 for two years, and followed this thread from day 1, and I think that there have been only a handful of posts about bluetooth - most bluetooth related posts are on the poly thread.
    For the Hugo 2, I think most discussions have been about the respective merits of usb or optical inputs. This may change slightly in the next few months, once the 2Go streamer starts to ship, and like for the Poly, owners will start to discuss bluetooth.

Given that you have just upgraded to Hugo 2, I suggest do not try and form any snap judgments yet.
    When I upgraded, I immediately found the Hugo 2 more detailed, so didn't use the mojo for a few months.
    Then when I tried the mojo again, I felt that the sound was slightly 'congested' compared to the Hugo 2.
    However a few months later, when I tried mojo again for listening to music during warm summer evenings on the patio, I loved it again.
    So you may find how you feel about the Mojo/Hugo 2 comparison does oscillate for a few months, until your ears/brain reach equilibrium again.
    :slight_smile:

14. Egoquaero
    Cheers mate!
    I feel like many users just assume bluetooth is way inferior without real proofs/measurements.
    On paper aptx bluetooth is supposed to be able to transmit CD quality and this sampling rate would be enough for me.
    So I wonder how much exactly this bluetooth signal is degraded compared to the cabled one.. And to which extent is this degradation audible?

15. miketlse
    Hopefully some owners will provide feedback.
    However as i say, there seem to be few posts about bluetooth and Hugo 2 so far.

First

Back
1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102
1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109
Next

Last