1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
  1. SalvorHardin
    Frankly, I'm getting tired of being strung along, not even knowing if they're working on a 2go or not. And anxiously waiting for a possible release of something interesting at these bloody distant and inaccessible rich-man glitter shows.
    If the 2go is ever released, I plan to drop it with my Hugo into my deep pocket, or into a carrying case, and enjoy the best sound I can while sipping an extra bold large black coffee. Until then, I'm going to ignore any speculation about the 2go until it's in my face. I'm fed up with being dragged along between these overproduced audio shows I'll never see, waiting for something long over due.
    Maybe I had too many of those black coffees today?

Edric Li, AC-12, SteveOliver and 7 others like this.
  2. tekkster
    Ahhh, good thing I check this thread. Oh well, no 2Go. I can wait a bit longer.

3. AxelCloris Administrator
    Let's please keep the discussion on-topic. Thanks everyone.

4. Hooster
    Wow, big news from Munich, Chord made an 86kg amp that about 5 people are going to buy.. yawn...

5. musickid
    Highend seems like a walt disney resort.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. Ciggavelli
    I have a questions about interconnects. I bought some DanaCable interconnects, but they wouldn't fit in my Hugo 2. I then bought some Chord Company Shawline interconnects and they fit fine. I'm looking to upgrade my RCA cables, and I'm considering High Fidelity RCAs (https://www.thecableco.com/high-fidelity-cables-reveal-rca-interconnects.html) or Audience AU24 SX RCAs (https://www.thecableco.com/au24-sx-rca-interconnect-pair.html). Does anybody have any experience with these cables and the Hugo 2. Do they fit?

7. Em2016
    I can't comment on those cables and every cable on the planet but here is some info from Rob, confirming WBT connectors are no problem.

I can confirm I've had no problems with WBT connectors either. If your cables have WBT connectors (common) then you'll have no problems.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...official-thread.831345/page-176#post-13408476

Ciggavelli likes this.
  8. Wildcatsare1
    It’s a matter of taste, personally I think the Jot sounds like bag of cats on fire, even worse when you add in the chip based DAC.

Deftone likes this.
  9. CreditingKarma
    I had a hugo 2 for a while and have a Metrum onyx coming. I am interested to see how they compare. I am going to compare against the sp1000 as a dac as well.

Hooster likes this.
  10. 111MilesToGo
    Would be very interesting to read about these two DACs.

11. beemarman
    Hi Guys,

Wondered if somebody can help with an issue am having on my Hugo 2?

When using USB and I pause the playback on the iPhone the input light in the glass window turns of within a few seconds of inactivity. When I then resume playback nothing plays. The input light doesn't turn back on to say it detects the signal from the USB. I would have to try it numerous amount of time before it works. Sometimes I would need to turn off the Hugo, then on again before playback resumes.

I've tried different cables, different phones and even different music software and still having same issues. Has anyone experienced this before?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  12. GreenBow
    I don't have an iPhone, or any smartphone, but Hugo 2 does not behave like that generally.

I use Hugo 2 from PC or DAP, on USB input. I can pause playback from both sources and Hugo 2 continues playback when I press play again.

Something that does happen, is when I change input on Hugo 2. Sometimes I use Hugo 2 on USB for PC, then switch to optical for DAB radio. (Including a manual change of input selection.) When I go back to USB, my media centre playing music can not play music. All I get is crackle. However you're not changing input.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. Scorpio1957
    Hi Guys,

Apart from Bluetooth what other way can you connect a Sony WM1Z or WM1A to the Hugo 2 and if so what cable would you recommend.

Thanks.

14. Wildcatsare1
    Hey Gents, having a Hugo 2 “crisis,” was listening to music this afternoon and the sound began distorting, much like a tube going bad. So I hooked up my Milo, still distorting, so I switched to my Mojo, problem solved. I’ve never had a DAC do this, any ideas (@Rob Watts ).

15. miketlse
    What was the source feeding the Hugo2? I think there were posts about some apps or music players having occasional caching issues. Email chord support, and they will probably know the answer straight away.