1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
  1. 21qz
    Sup fam, I’m deciding between the H2, TT2, and Ifi idsd pro/ican it’s mainly for a desktop set up, not portable through usb. I’m looking for best bang for your buck, not that 10% more by paying top dollar, so H2 is mentioned. Help

2. masterpfa
    Thanks for the heads up looks an ideal for what I would need with my Mojo and/or future upgrades
    :thumbsup:

3. CreditingKarma
    I would suggest maybe the H2 and mscaler. If you are able to afford the TT2 this combo is a bit more expensive but the mscaler just makes everything sound better.

Also what cans are you going to be driving? The only thing in your AIG for home that I see are the akg k702. Any of the amps and dacs that you mention are overkill for that headphone. I might suggest the H2 and an upgrade to your headphones.

4. JM1979
    I’m sure this question has been answered dozens of times in this thread but after searching, I can’t find the answer.

I’m running Hugo 2 in desktop mode. However, I’m not turning it off. Is it ok to leave on permanently like this? My thought is that powering it down, takes it off desktop mode.

5. SalvorHardin
    Well! I'm excited. I just read an interesting piece on IF about the Poly update.
    "options are audible (spoken) with each button-press." If I understand correctly, @Mojo ideas did as he said. He took some of my concerns into consideration. Hoping the 2go will be as accessable.
    Either way, there's a company that's earned my loyalty for life.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  6. 21qz
    Hi, yes the Mscaler definitely has came up on my research. I'm hoping that comes later down the road due to my budget. Only reason I'm trying to avoid the H2 is because I'm solely using it for desktop. Not sure that's a good reason because it's designed to be portable with the battery and all. I'm afraid if i leave it plugged in all the time the battery will go to ****. I'm sure there's others here that are using it that way, pros/cons? As for what I'll be driving, the Meze Empyrean.

7. Law87
    Is there a way to see all the pic with cases on this forum? I know the old forum can do it, but this new one I cant seem to find it.

8. miketlse
    But if you leave the H2 switched on, it will slip into desktop mode after 24 hours.

9. miketlse
    You are confusing me here. Do you mean buttons on the Poly, or the 2Go, or maybe a remote control?

SalvorHardin likes this.
  10. 21qz
    when it's in desktop mode is the battery turned off?

11. Triode User
    The battery is still connected but it is kept charged to a lower charge level than when used for mobile use in order to prolong battery life.

12. miketlse
    Peter Hyatt and x RELIC x like this.
  13. Hooster
    Amen.

14. 21qz
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
  15. CreditingKarma

I love this combo. I think rob watts actually uses this setup on a plane with a battery pack for the mscaler.