1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
  1. tekkster

I don't really judge anyone who prefers the iFi iDSD Micro BL over the Mojo.

I think whether one is "better" or not really just depends on the sound profile each person is looking for. I have both, and really enjoy the iFi iDSD Micro BL for some types of music. It's true that most of the time, I prefer the Mojo, and beyond that, the H2 even more. But then again, most of the time I'm listening to classical or acoustic jazz, so the sound characteristics I seek are just not as good. Once in a while, though, I listen to other types of music, and during those times, sometimes I prefer the sheer "oomph" the iFi iDSD Micro BL pumps out to, say, the T1 or HD800, cuz sometimes "oomph" beats my normal love of transients and details.

2. Ike1985
    Is there a rough guide to how loud (in decibels) the H2 is per click when listening via 3.5? For example, one click 2db, etc.

3. miketlse
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Peter Hyatt likes this.
  4. Scrum92
    What's the logic behind upsampling to DSD?

SalvorHardin likes this.
  5. Ike1985
    I do most of my listening between 18-20 clicks, so I guess that mean's i'm doing pretty good. I do have extremely sensitive IEMs though, A18t, not sure if that matters.

6. CreditingKarma
    How are you determining clicks on the hugo2? The volume wheel has no clicks. Are you using the remote? Also wouldn't the volume increase change with different headphones and iems due to sensitivity?

Hooster likes this.
  7. Law87

might be just me but I feel like its more dynamic and separation may be better. I need to do more listening

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  8. Law87
    Its audirvana, I tried it with J-river no problems....now I gotta figure out what the hell is wrong with my system.

9. robo24
    Sorry if this has been covered already (have read 422 pages so far but have not found an answer). How on earth does one connect the H2 to a bluetooth transmitter? There's no way to enter a code or get audio feedback. I have an Apt-X device for my AVR which plugs into the 1/4" headphone port and I use it with bluetooth headsets. Connecting those is easy, as they tell you what is happening such as saying bluetooth is connected However, I have some better phones I would rather use with the Hugo via Apt-X if possible.

10. x RELIC x Contributor
    If you're trying to output a Bluetooth signal you can't. That would defeat the purpose of buying an expensive DAC. The Bluetooth in the Hugo2 is meant only to receive as a music source convenience.

11. robo24
  12. x RELIC x Contributor
    I see, like a bridge from the source to the Hugo2. Hmmmm, I just tried with my iPhone and it needed to be 'forgotten' and then re-connected before it would connect. I did have to re-enter the 0000 pairing code. Hopefully it's something simple.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  13. jasonho
    WechatIMG72879.jpeg

tekkster, masterpfa, musickid and 5 others like this.
  14. ZappaMan
    Is Bluetooth a mode that you must select first, like usb or optical, have you done that?

15. robo24
    Well it turns out it was easy to do. I didn't think it would work at all because the instructions mentioning pairing and entering a code, which isn't possible when neither device has such buttons. All I did was turn on the CH2 near the transmitter, set it to bluetooth, then turn the transmitter on. It connected without even needing to pair it!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Peter Hyatt and ZappaMan like this.