1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ChordElectronics, Jan 5, 2017.
  1. Edric Li
    Honest there are no better solution to music on-the-go than playing music on sd cards via the one of the greatest dac in the world, controlled remotely via a smartphone. Stacking a DAP with laggy interface and having to hold a literal piece of brick to switch tracks is the dumbest idea ever (and I've been there like most of us did lol).

Hugo2go will truly be a game changer.

rcoleman1 likes this.
  2. 514077
    I'm not counting on any particular features, but I do hope there's at least a slot or two, so I can treat it as a superDAC.

3. 514077
    I sure hope to hell that I don't have to drag a smartphone along, to control the 2go. I understand the desire for most users. But, I'm not sure I want to be tied to the world by a portable phone.(Oooo! A luddite).

Wheel Hoss likes this.
  4. dontfeedphils
    That's exactly how Poly works, not sure why 2Go would be much different.

514077 likes this.
  5. 514077
    I understand. But, I'd prefer to have a few buttons (even if capacitive) to control file selection. Surely that can't be too much to ask?

6. Edric Li
    I get your point, but here's my preference:

Standalone DAP that fits in a pocket > poly-like, controlled via phone > stack DAP to a mojo/hugo via wired connection.

I don't see how adding a few buttons to the 2go makes anything better, unless you were a fan of teraplayer or ipod shuffle.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    phonomat and 514077 like this.
  7. x RELIC x Contributor
    Some people have a difficult time with visual only devices like smartphones... beyond their control. :wink:

I hope John is able to implement something that will be friendly to your needs @UELong .

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    514077 likes this.
  8. masterpfa
    Surely you mean "Arm and Leg" account
    :smile:

Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  9. 514077
    Actually, I'm a blind guy, and although there are som apps available for voice control of a smartphone, I'd prefer to keep it simple for usage. I'm not against smartphones, and your preference is perfectly logical. It would just be easier, until I decide to try a phone.
    Mojo Ideas responded that he was aware of my needs or wants. If some sort of on-board control on the 2go isn't practical in general, I at least know he didn't dismiss my thoughts outright.

ZappaMan, AndrewH13, Scrum92 and 3 others like this.
  10. MikeRight

Poly firmware 2.0 is released!
    Are we closer to a possible 2Go announcement?
    Who knows!

rcoleman1 likes this.
  11. miketlse
    MikeRight likes this.
  12. paulgc
    Edric Li likes this.
  13. 329161
    Poly is a good device but overpriced for what it gives you.

14. Matt Bartlett
    No 2Go definitely isn’t dead!

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  15. 514077
    Can you give us an indication of hardware progress with the 2go? One question I have is; can it be operated without the necessity of an external phone? Or is it too soon? Any recent pics that someone could describe?