CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #21,256 of 25,757
After a week constantly on i could not hear a difference anymore. And it is minute between new and a few weeks. I now use optical in gives me a slight more neutral sound than bnc. Before i had the twin wave cables but that is no compare because mscaler was in between.

So in a nutshell a few days and optical for me.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #21,257 of 25,757
After a week constantly on i could not hear a difference anymore. And it is minute between new and a few weeks. I now use optical in gives me a slight more neuturale sound than bnc. Before i had the twin wave cabkes but that is no compare. So in a nutshell a few days and optical for me.
I don't remember your back story on this but....the toslink input port of DACs needs 5 days to break in at least so that may be why.

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #21,258 of 25,757
Well no because back than i used the twin bnc input via de scaler. Please dont correct people all the time, seems its a certain inner impuls you have to answer on anything almost autistic tendensies i reconize in from other occupation. Please stop.

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #21,259 of 25,757
I don't have issues with Sysconcept, even with 192khz. The photos on the first is just the bend is too strong on one of the ends. To lessen the issue it to just lessen the bend radius..
The cable was straight for both pictures.

Anyway, the problem is with the source component that's transmitting the optical signal. I'm not suggesting that the Sysconcept design won't work at 192KHz, merely that when it fails it's probably the source component that caused the failure.

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #21,260 of 25,757
Hmmm, so its either my PCIE sound card or my Dave but with sysConcept, Lifatech and Monoprice I am unable to get 24/192 to work. Even 24/96 is not working 100%. My Optical 2 slot works but my Optical slot 1 on Dave is faulty. Other than getting it repaired by Chord. What would be a good alternative?

SRC DX with dual BNC? Thanks.

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #21,262 of 25,757
The cable was straight for both pictures.

Anyway, the problem is with the source component that's transmitting the optical signal. I'm not suggesting that the Sysconcept design won't work at 192KHz, merely that when it fails it's probably the source component that caused the failure.
Right. The two cases where I had that issue as posted in the photos is, bend radius issue and poor lock issue from source coz of wear on the plastic head which affected the accurate distance from the emitter to the fiber.

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #21,263 of 25,757
Well no because back than i used the twin bnc input via de scaler. Please dont correct people all the time, seems its a certain inner impuls you have to answer on anything almost autistic tendensies i reconize in from other occupation. Please stop.
1. I didn't realize it was answering a question just from a page before.

2. I thought it was a post on how now optical sounded better for you now while bnc sounded better before. That's why I mentioned I don't recall your back story on this but mentioned to support your claim that toslink I/O needs 5 days break in. Then you mentioned the HMS thing and I would agree to that too.

3. this is the second time you calling me autistic. The first time was my post on FB sharing about how Susvara sounds great on the Hugo2 with no clipping and distortion on a track a tt2 owners said was clipping his susvara. And I got called out by 2 loud people that it's bogus coz they couldn't drive susvara on their Dave and TT2. ONLY for one of them to buy a line conditioner themselves just 2 months later and now is praising on multiple threads how important it is in their chain...of course their ego is too big and ashamed to msg or mention me. Meanwhile a few people had to message me privately, giving thanks to my posts coz it made them investigate and experiment and agree they can drive their Susvara on Dave, TT2, Hugo 2 and Diablo. They don't have the courage to post seeing all the egos and aggro attitude of other posters. So your message is actually suppressing information.

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #21,264 of 25,757
Its a longshot.. but try a vacuum cleaner on it.. could be dust builtup inside..
I'm thinking it is my source as well. Pretty cheap ASUS PCIE card.

Thinking of getting SRC DX anyways ...

Anyone use OPTODX as well. Did it make a big difference than solo SRC DX?

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #21,265 of 25,757
C'mon guys. Peace out. Show some ❤️

This is a good thread. Let's not start flame wars on it.

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #21,266 of 25,757
1. I didn't realize it was answering a question just from a page before.

2. I thought it was a post on how now optical sounded better for you now while bnc sounded better before. That's why I mentioned I don't recall your back story on this but mentioned to support your claim that toslink I/O needs 5 days break in. Then you mentioned the HMS thing and I would agree to that too.

3. this is the second time you calling me autistic. The first time was my post on FB sharing about how Susvara sounds great on the Hugo2 with no clipping and distortion on a track a tt2 owners said was clipping his susvara. And I got called out by 2 loud people that it's bogus coz they couldn't drive susvara on their Dave and TT2. ONLY for one of them to buy a line conditioner themselves just 2 months later and now is praising on multiple threads how important it is in their chain...of course their ego is too big and ashamed to msg or mention me. Meanwhile a few people had to message me privately, giving thanks to my posts coz it made them investigate and experiment and agree they can drive their Susvara on Dave, TT2, Hugo 2 and Diablo. They don't have the courage to post seeing all the egos and aggro attitude of other posters. So your message is actually suppressing information.
Its the way you are pushing and the tone of argument… but its not coming through somehow. The end…

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #21,267 of 25,757
Its the way you are pushing and the tone of argument… but its not coming through somehow. The end…
1. Seeing that I've been called a troll and to be blocked since December by many members, may want to reflect why you are calling out my attitude and not theirs.

2. A DC4 owner wouldn't have discovered how good the HP out is on their Dave if it wasn't for my 'attitude'.

3. I have laid the groundwork for people to actually consider the product you developed and invest in that and have confidence they don't need to splurge on an external amp and to appreciate the Dave without any color or distortion via an external amp.

4. Tone of argument and such is expected via "digital is the same 0s and 1s gang".

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #21,268 of 25,757
I rest my case 😞….

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #21,269 of 25,757
Guys anyone from NY here goin in august a week to new york with my also audio loving son. Anybody now some cool audioshops in NY to visit?

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #21,270 of 25,757
Hmmm, so its either my PCIE sound card or my Dave but with sysConcept, Lifatech and Monoprice I am unable to get 24/192 to work. Even 24/96 is not working 100%. My Optical 2 slot works but my Optical slot 1 on Dave is faulty. Other than getting it repaired by Chord. What would be a good alternative?

SRC DX with dual BNC? Thanks.
Did you try the $8 one from Amazon? If you feel it's too cheap, you can try Wireworld Supernova 7, both works perfectly with my TT2. I heard somewhere people complaining about Lifatech unable to get 192 with Dave and TT2.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DI89VOM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back