I play Native DSD
On Dave display only 176,8 KHz
Why Sony can not Play DSD via USB

I have tested use Iphone 6 s Rose Gold
The same music file WAV 16bit / 44,1 KHz
On Dave came out 44,1 KHz
I use Kaisertone

Thank you

Likely the Kaisertone music app on the 5S is set to upsample and not sending a bit perfect signal to the Dave. The same app on the iPhone 6S is not upsampling before it sends the signal out. Try to see if there is a setting difference between the 5S and the 6S in the app.

The Sony simply does not play DSD natively over USB and converts to 176.4 PCM (actually, I think the Sony converts DSD to PCM internally as well).

If you aren't getting the expected sampling rate displayed then the issue is from the source as the Dave just shows what it's receiving.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #3,497 of 25,832
Also, I was looking at the pictures you took. I think most of us prefers to have the HF filter ON all the time. And is there a reason why you've inverted the phase for all your music playback? Normal correct phase is Positive. Finally, if you're listening to PCM, you should set the DAC to PCM plus because that uses 176,000 taps for PCM music. If you set the DAC to DSD plus while playing PCM music, it still plays the PCM music in the exact same way except it uses only 88,000 taps so you're not getting optimal performance from Chord DAVE. If you're playing DSD, that's when you should set the DAC to DSD plus.

Jul 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #3,498 of 25,832
Also, I was looking at the pictures you took. I think most of us prefers to have the HF filter ON all the time. And is there a reason why you've inverted the phase for all your music playback? Normal correct phase is Positive. Finally, if you're listening to PCM, you should set the DAC to PCM plus because that uses 176,000 taps for PCM music. If you set the DAC to DSD plus while playing PCM music, it still plays the PCM music in the exact same way except it uses only 88,000 taps so you're not getting optimal performance from Chord DAVE. If you're playing DSD, that's when you should set the DAC to DSD plus.

Correction - 164,000 Taps for PCM+ or 82,000 for DSD+.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/766517/chord-electronics-dave/765#post_12102337

:beerchug:

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,499 of 25,832

@Paul - iBasso can I order a RHCP signed / limited edition DX200 please?
A signed by 'The Dude' himself DX200 also would be very nice
wink.gif

that gives me an idea...

Maybe Chord could do a Special Edition Chord DAVE, signed by Rob, John, Matt, and

Power DAC, a DAC with an output stage powerful enough to drive speakers directly.

That sounds like a killer DAC called Super DAVE
wink.gif

"He's a man with a mission to deliver the highest quality entertainment, at any cost!"

rolleyes.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #3,500 of 25,832
On a more serious note, have any of our wealthy members tried DAVE in a multiple-DAC configuration, for multi-channel sound reproduction?

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,502 of 25,832
One thing is for sure: you do have a lot of imagination
smily_headphones1.gif

You ain't seen nothing yet :xf_eek:)

But on to more serious matters, here are my initial impressions of the KE washing machine pads and how they affected DAVE:
      http://www.head-fi.org/t/693686/great-bargain-isolation-discovery/15#post_12695813

Edit: To put this into perspective, I'd say the KE pad effect on SQ were more obvious than my impressions of optical cable differences, but both I'd class as incremental - compared to the microRendu that arrived this weekend, which shows great promise of being a step change improvement.

Jul 3, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #3,507 of 25,832
For the purposes of music playback, I'm not sure if there are significant differences. I have Win 8.1 on my hi-fi laptop, which is soley used for such purposes from external drives to which music files are copied over the network. I use kernel streaming with JPlay and Chord's steaming service driver, bypassing a lot of Windows features. For other setups it different versions might make a difference. I'd be interested to hear.

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #3,508 of 25,832
So t258jgn, any comments on the Hugo TT vs. the DAVE would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
(Just for the record on the comment right above about Win10, My Hugo TT is Awesome with Windows 10 with no problems and super sonics, so I personally don't agree with this. I use Jriver and Tidal. I have a Puget Custom Computers Serenity desktop
with a mid-speed core i7 that is about 5 to 6 years old which has not been upgraded. All of my music files are stored on internal and external solid state drives. And this is not a dedicated machine for music or audio.)

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #3,509 of 25,832
For those of you that would like to get more aquatinted with CHORD products and in SoCal we are having a meet that includes CHORD products up to the DAVE. At The Source AV in Torrance Ca. Saturday July 9th 10am - 5pm

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jul 4, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #3,510 of 25,832

beerchug.gif

thanks mython. actually the problem is that the opera mini browser on android does not somehow shows the edit option and most of the time i have to access the forum through mobile phone ! 

Code:
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)]  [/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back