1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by magiccabbage, May 14, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873
875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884
Next

Last
  1. Deano1974
    Hey guys

Im just about to pull the trigger on a Dave to add to my M Scaler and upgrade my Qutest

Is there any members here that have replaced the Qutest with the Dave and if so how big a difference was the change

TBH im loving the Qutest & HMS combo but I have a chance to get a Dave at a fantastic price

Your thoughts please and much appreciated

Cheers

Deano

2. Triode User
    I have not had a Qutest but I do have a TT2 and Dave and all I can say is that Dave is ahead of TT2 by some margin so I would expect the step from Qutest to be even bigger.

You are unlikely to ever regret getting a Dave especially if you have an Mscaer.

xxx1313 likes this.
  3. odessamarin
    @Deano1974
    I had Qutest.. sold and get Dave.
    Difference like night and day. It just another sound signature. To my taste much much better one. Dave is more successor of the first Higo and TT. Like finalbsatamnet of this line. Qutest and company.. has more commercial tuned sound if you wish. I don't like.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Deano1974 likes this.
  4. naynay
    I have had Qutest > TT2 and finally ended with a Dave.
    All are great sounding but the Dave definately has the edge especially regarding vocal music.

xxx1313 likes this.
  5. Deano1974
    Thank you, thats what I was thinking also

6. Deano1974
    Thanks for the clarification!

7. Deano1974
    Thank you for your thoughts, much appreciated!

8. tunes
    Has anyone yet honestly compared the DAVE plus minus Mscaler to the Sony DMP-Z1?

9. PhenixS1970
    If anyone is looking to upgrade the stock optical cable I have a brand new Lifatec optical 50cm toslink for sale in the market section. Tried and tested with DAVE / HMS and no drop outs with 192khz. As I have recently added an Auralic G1 streamer and had to move around equipment on the rack the 50cm is unfortunately too short. EU buyers only :wink:.

10. PhenixS1970
    Placing an order with my dealer next week for the Chord "Etude" amplifier to complete my system :). I had a look at the on-line user manual and what puzzled me is that the "red" speaker terminals are indicated as being "negative". I would expect these to be "positive" as is common ?

11. ecwl
    Huh. That’s a very good point. I still connected black to black, red to red and my speakers are in phase. Not sure if it matters. Perhaps John Franks @Mojo ideas can comment.

12. PhenixS1970
    My comment was based on section 3.4 of the user manual.
    However I just saw in section 4.4 of the manual that "red' is "positive" so it seems that the "text" on the rear picture of Etude is in error in the manual.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  13. Jiffi32
    Just like to thank Nick @Triode User, had a dem today of an etude and various speakers to add to my Blu2Dave, ended up ordering ATC SCM40A's these speakers punch so far above their weight and match the Blu2Dave so well

AndrewOld and Triode User like this.
  14. Triode User
    Thanks and welcome to the ATC club.

15. llamaluv
    I have a 15 foot Kabeldirekt toslink cable arriving tomorrow. Plus a DAVE arriving on the same day to go with it.

Can I expect to get a stable 192k connection with this cable at this length?

First

Back
864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873
875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884
Next

Last