1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by magiccabbage, May 14, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806
808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817
Next

Last
  1. marcmccalmont
    As it was explained to me ultra wide bandwidth amps gain sonic benefits not from the wide bandwidth but because feedback artifacts are pushed up to inaudible frequencies. I love my Spectrals and am really excited about future Franks/Cordell super amp designs

Deftone, masterpfa and JaZZ like this.
  2. rgs9200m
    I would never dismiss the value of a great preamp as absolutely a negative factor. There is a world of preamps out there and some are wonderful.

Technically, active preamps have not been necessary since the dawn of the digital age 35 years ago (if you are not into vinyl or tape), as there was nothing really to amplify, just attenuate.

Nevertheless, they still have a huge following in the audiophile community.
    Some people even build their system around them (like with some exotic species like Shindo and DarTZeel).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  3. Amberlamps
    Hmmmmm.

So why the DX markings on the MScaler, seems weird that DX is stamped into something that will no doubt be obsolescent by the time DX amps get released. Honestly, I think I will have moved on from tt2 and mscaler in 10 years time. Technology just can’t keep up with me.

I am just thinking out aloud and wondering What, dx buttons but no dx. Obvious is now using non ir emitting dpm camoflage and is no longer obvious.

Something “special”, OMG 2go is imminent, great stuff.

Not really, as I have just traded in my hugo. :frowning2:

Cheers for ruining my friday John.

:wink:

Only joking John. I have no need for a DX Amp, but I do like the idea of a H2 streamer. If 2go gets released this year, I am going to kill the other half of my liver.

There is not enough months in the year for new chord products. Would be great if they had staggered release dates as one simply does not have enough money.

< will be gutted if 2go shows up in stores this year.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2018
    ZappaMan likes this.
  4. Hubert H
    From the Chord site “Internally there are three individual high frequency switch mode power supply units, one for each active power rail and a final for the auxiliary rails”

5. maxh22
    I had a dream a few days ago where I was talking with Rob at a canjam show and I was listening to a H2/ m scaler and the sound was absolutely incredible...

I haven’t heard the H2 with the scaler yet but I did hear Dave with it and it was definitely an amazing experience.

Rob gave me the H2 and m scaler and said “Here, you can keep this demo unit we have plenty to go around” I asked if he was sure and he noded, I woke up really excited but then realized it was only a dream lol. However, the thing is, the m scaler in my dream was the size of the H2!

Hopefully that day will come one day!

I’m not sure what little special item you have prepared for us but I’d be surprised if it was a Mojo 2 that fits poly, maybe 2 Go?

Rhamnetin likes this.
  6. jlbrach
    there are certain headphones that simply require an external amp...for instance my susvara

7. yakaway
    I feel the abyss, not the phi, also require an amp.

Through dave, my utopias sound better than the abyss.

xxx1313 likes this.
  8. jlbrach
    agreed the utopia is incredibly efficient and does not need an amp...the Phi IMHO also needs an external amp

9. marcmccalmont
    I’m hoping for a future Super amp, monoblock high current feedforward convective cooled Spectral killer!

10. marcmccalmont
    I thought my Utopias needed an amp but then they broke in 5 months later! Now the bass is tight and articulate

11. Amberlamps
    I had a similar experience. Not with Utopias or bass

It was my tinnitus, it went from morse code 56k modem soft and only heard at night and inbed to What ringgggggggggggggggggg loud 24/7.

Atleast the upper range of my hearing is all right, if it wasn’t, i wouldn’t be able to hear my tinnitus. I blame dekoni elite sheep earpads.

12. ZappaMan
    Would it have a 2 in its name ?

13. JaZZ Contributor
    I believe Rob isn't involved in the 2Go. ...Hence something else...?

14. Triode User
    Unless you are being too literal. After all Rob probably has some remit as to the interface. . . .

15. STR-1
    Mojo 2 (with integrated Poly functionality)?

First

Back
797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806
808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817
Next

Last