CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Aug 4, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #11,821 of 25,832
Well this is my new Chord M scaler!!! Mrs decided to buy two new couches instead, told her we have deck chairs in the shed

Looks like you’ve taken the protective wrapping off your couches, but not your speakers!

I think you need to rethink. The HMS should be available in time for Christmas, so maybe Santa will have a surprise.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #11,823 of 25,832
Lol that's my headphones mate, not a speck of dust on them, Mrs said 50 quid for Christmas

Well, look at this way: the new couches will provide valuable acoustic damping, unless you only listen on dust free headphones.

50 quid? That’s why you need to speak to Santa. Get her to take you to see him at a department store nearer the date. It’s got to be worth a try.

Like the table by the way.

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #11,825 of 25,832
Well, look at this way: the new couches will provide valuable acoustic damping, unless you only listen on dust free headphones.

50 quid? That’s why you need to speak to Santa. Get her to take you to see him at a department store nearer the date. It’s got to be worth a try.

Like the table by the way.
I love listening to speakers as well so yes acoustic damping lol

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #11,826 of 25,832
Look on the bright side. When you have the head-fi meet at your home in october, at least everyone will have a seat, whilst they listen to your TT2. :wink::grin:
Lol good idea, 5 quid a ticket, free drinks and I'll do a presentation of how the hugo TT 2 works, that will pay for my M scaler, mate your well smarter than you look great idea lol.I'll spend an hour talking about the noise shaper

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #11,831 of 25,832
If I use my chord hugo TT 2 with the M scaler and using the hugo TT 2 as dac only not as a pre amp and it went through my Arcam avr850 would I still hear the benefits?
Hmmm... I think you'd be better off getting Qutest. First, you'd have to not use Dirac from Arcam and Pure Direct stereo audio, or else, you're just using the Arcam DAC rather than the Chord DAC. Second, you're at the mercy of the Arcam preamp so the additional resolution or transparency from TT2 over Hugo 2/Qutest would probably (not definitely) lost. But yes, you'd hear an improvement of the Qutest through Arcam with and without M Scaler. I don't think it'll be subtle at all.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #11,832 of 25,832
If I use my chord hugo TT 2 with the M scaler and using the hugo TT 2 as dac only not as a pre amp and it went through my Arcam avr850 would I still hear the benefits?
I cannot be certain, what speakers do you use?

The reason that I ask is that I sometimes use the Mojo or Hugo 2 to drive an arcam solo neo amp, to drive my Focal Aria 936 speakers.
Arcam, along with Naim and Anthem, are reviewed as being good partners for Focal Speakers.
I find the neo, leaves something to be desired compared to headphones - some of the detail is missing. Partly this is not surprising, because speakers are widely regarded as being less revealing than headphones.
The interesting thing for me would be trying to drive the speakers direct from the TT2, because that would represent the most revealing sound that you could get.
Your AVR would then be performing the role of source to your MScaler or TT2.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #11,833 of 25,832
Hmmm... I think you'd be better off getting Qutest. First, you'd have to not use Dirac from Arcam and Pure Direct stereo audio, or else, you're just using the Arcam DAC rather than the Chord DAC. Second, you're at the mercy of the Arcam preamp so the additional resolution or transparency from TT2 over Hugo 2/Qutest would probably (not definitely) lost. But yes, you'd hear an improvement of the Qutest through Arcam with and without M Scaler. I don't think it'll be subtle at all.
Your spot on, I've got my rca cables connected to the Arcam direct, by pass the dac in the Arcam and the Arcam is 4500 grand so I'm hoping it will show what the chord can do without to much sacrifice, I know it's not ideal.If I don't benefit then I've still got my headphones that is gonna give me pure bliss

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #11,834 of 25,832
I cannot be certain, what speakers do you use?

The reason that I ask is that I sometimes use the Mojo or Hugo 2 to drive an arcam solo neo amp, to drive my Focal Aria 936 speakers.
Arcam, along with Naim and Anthem, are reviewed as being good partners for Focal Speakers.
I find the neo, leaves something to be desired compared to headphones - some of the detail is missing. Partly this is not surprising, because speakers are widely regarded as being less revealing than headphones.
The interesting thing for me would be trying to drive the speakers direct from the TT2, because that would represent the most revealing sound that you could get.
Your AVR would then be performing the role of source to your MScaler or TT2.
Sorry mate don't understand the last bit, if I used my hugo TT 2 direct to speakers that would be the best but I love my Rel sub that cost me 2 grand so couldn't handle not using that as well, Arcam as a source confused me.My laptop is my source

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #11,835 of 25,832
Sorry mate don't understand the last bit, if I used my hugo TT 2 direct to speakers that would be the best but I love my Rel sub that cost me 2 grand so couldn't handle not using that as well, Arcam as a source confused me
My confusion, I was thinking with all those inputs to the AVR, that you could use it as a network streamer, and feed a digital output to the MScaler, which would then feed the TT2 dac.
Could you use the RCA outputs from the TT2 to drive your stereo speakers, and the balanced outputs to drive your sub (or vice versa)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back