Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Oct 3, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #1,261 of 1,746
I like my Schiit stack. Ragg and Yiggy are my high end system. I do not expect the same out of my puter system that will soon have the 2Qute. Thank you for the opinions guys. I may just keep the ModiMultibit for later comparison. What is a good breakin period for the 2Qute? Do I leave ir powered on like Schiit DACS?

Oh, I didn't realize you had the Yggdrasil as well! (Should have glanced at your signature and profile.)

Once you've had time to compare, please let us know the differences you hear between the Yggdrasil and 2Qute, using your best speakers and headphones.

I don't believe in burn-in for the most part. However, it's well-known that Schiit's multibit DACs have to reach thermal equilibrium to operate to spec and are recommended to be left on permanently. The 2Qute does not have this issue. It's still designed to be left on, though. Notice how there's no on/off switch; just the power supply to plug in, which automatically turns it on.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,262 of 1,746
I like my Schiit stack. Ragg and Yiggy are my high end system. I do not expect the same out of my puter system that will soon have the 2Qute. Thank you for the opinions guys. I may just keep the ModiMultibit for later comparison. What is a good breakin period for the 2Qute? Do I leave ir powered on like Schiit DACS?

THERE is no burn in in the 2qute.

I do believe 2qute is better in some music, most of them electronic. I listen a lot of psybient and 2qute is the way to go with my amp and headphone. with classic musics and acoustics, bimby is slight better (layering and separation) and yggdrasil is much much better IMHO.... this is very subjective, there is no doubt that chord tech when FULL implemented is marvelous .... see the DAVE exemple. (20 pulse array and 110.000 taps?) I just find a cheap attitude when people says that hugo is a portable DAVE. No way man! not to my ears! not even close! but hey.. this is a comercial word! and i can't afford a dave in their 10000 euros price. I would if i had the money.
but chord little child 2qute and mojo can,t touch yggdrasil, principally with speakers and acoustic music. instruments timbre, sizes and places just sound wrong to me. But indeed they are very very musical for me... just a littlle bit odd.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,263 of 1,746
see the DAVE exemple. (20 pulse array and 110.000 taps?)

164,000. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Add the Blu MkII to the DAVE or Hugo 2 and it's 1,015,808.)

but chord little child 2qute and mojo can,t touch yggdrasil, principally with speakers and acoustic music. instruments timbre, sizes and places just sound wrong to me. But indeed they are very very musical for me... just a littlle bit odd.

Have you tried the Hugo 2? I know you posted about it, but don't recall if you heard it. I talk to a lot of audiophiles and know at least a handful who think the Hugo 2 is far better than the Yggdrasil after comparing them. But like you said, it's so subjective, and there are plenty who feel the opposite.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #1,264 of 1,746
In my experience leaving it powered on or off does not matter, I've done both for prolonged length of time with the same result. Breaking period was two days for me. First day it sounded weird, not even as good as Mojo, I decided to exercise patience and after two days it sounded WOW, still cannot believe it. Never went for Schiit, so I cannot compare.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #1,265 of 1,746
In my experience leaving it powered on or of does not matter, I've done both for prolonged length of time with the same result. Breaking period was two days for me. First day it sounded weird, not even as good as Mojo, I decided to exercise patience and after two days it sounded WOW, still cannot believe it. Never went for Schiit, so I cannot compare.

Thank You. I knew that like all electronic devices, it would have some break in before it did its best.

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,268 of 1,746
Guys can u describe how 2qute mids sound? It is smooth? Neutral or maybe it does have more bite? I feel i need more mid bite or more forwardness in the mids for my system.

The nice thing about the 2Qute is that it has a sound that is gorgeous, yet aggressive. Not overly smooth; not overly harsh. I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.

But the headphones/speakers you use are what will have frequency response aberrations, so if you want a different tonal balance, I'd use a parametric equalizer for that.

Oct 8, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #1,272 of 1,746
Damn, Starcruncher, I got my black 2Qute on Wednesday and you want to sell one on Thursday!! Why are you selling? Pics of my refurbished computer headphone system.
fullsizeoutput_a5a.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #1,273 of 1,746
Hi.

As a person who find the 2qute better suited in my retro setup 4P1L-2A3-Tannoy HPD-385 (425 liter) than
the borrowed Hugo2, which I haven't used for 2 days, I'll just say welcome to the magic of this DAC.

I'm taking a insane stress test right now, playing all the Mahler Symphonies 1-9 in a row.

I haven't had anything to complain over, closely approaching the 10 hour playing time.

If you as I'm 100% on tubes, you definitely need the more "bite" is has compared to the Hugo2.

>>THERE is no burn in in the 2qute.

Not If you ask me. I'll give it at least 100+ hours, it might be your brains which really need it, but just to be sure.

a LPS PSU , would be a huge step up, even Rob Watts don't think so.

Play some music which has a lot of complex music, You will notice the different to more conventional DACs.

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,274 of 1,746
Hi.

As a person who find the 2qute better suited in my retro setup 4P1L-2A3-Tannoy HPD-385 (425 liter) than
the borrowed Hugo2, which I haven't used for 2 days, I'll just say welcome to the magic of this DAC.

I'm taking a insane stress test right now, playing all the Mahler Symphonies 1-9 in a row.

I haven't had anything to complain over, closely approaching the 10 hour playing time.

If you as I'm 100% on tubes, you definitely need the more "bite" is has compared to the Hugo2.

>>THERE is no burn in in the 2qute.

Not If you ask me. I'll give it at least 100+ hours, it might be your brains which really need it, but just to be sure.

a LPS PSU , would be a huge step up, even Rob Watts don't think so.

Play some music which has a lot of complex music, You will notice the different to more conventional DACs.
So hugo 2 have more bite in the mids right?

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #1,275 of 1,746
Hugo2 have more mids, but on my setup 100% tubes the mids and tops are too soft sounding.

Like you never get burned if you play with real fire. For instance violins (a lots in Mahler) is just to nice for me.

Will properly be different in Solid State setup but not on my tubes. I need to be a little burned if I play with fire :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back