Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 23, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #17,551 of 18,752
yeah it's an interesting workaround and will definitely do for now I think :)
Mind you, we shouldn't have had to resort on these workarounds. Android natively has Casting, but Chord never delivered support. They gave up and gave up on their customers (on Android) as well.

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #17,552 of 18,752
For that price it should have had a built-in Screen for standalone usage. And the mojo (which is GBP 400 in the uk) Sells for 550 in the US. So I'm guessing this thing will be priced around $700 or 650 at best. This price gets you the Onkyo DP-X1. Which you can connect to the mojo and use as a standalone DAP as well.

I'd rather use the OTG Cable, and Get a phone which supports a micro SD card.
Speaking of OTG cables... this is how I am currently using my Mojo2 out of an iPhone. Sounds great. But would it actually SOUND better with the Poly over WiFi?

Jan 24, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #17,553 of 18,752
Speaking of OTG cables... this is how I am currently using my Mojo2 out of an iPhone. Sounds great. But would it actually SOUND better with the Poly over WiFi?
yes it would sound better, much better. Out of a quality usb > optical converter like Wyred4Sound it sounds even better than the Poly - better as in one of the best if not the best DACs I've heard in the 1000$ price range, desktop or not.

I can't stress enough how much the Mojo appreciates high quality sources - it seemingly can scale up indefinitely the more effort you put in the source, where most other DACs reach a ceiling (like RME ADI 2)

Attach it directly to phone via usb and you are hearing 50% of what it can do.

I would love to have a practical Poly like module that is a high quality usb > optical converter with reclocking/fpga to push the sound quality further.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #17,554 of 18,752
how would I get offline functionality going? I've added the Poly network but GoFigure isn't connecting even though it shows up in the list of available networks. probably something I'm not seeing but until my microSD card arrives this is the only way I'd be able to use Mojo2Poly offline. thanks :)
anyone able to help me out with this? :)

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #17,555 of 18,752
anyone able to help me out with this? :)
Easiest way to use the Poly offline is to put it in hotspot mode, gofigure only uses Bluetooth to connect to the poly.

Once in hotspot mode, you'll be able to connect to it using your phones wifi then stream music to it.

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #17,556 of 18,752
Easiest way to use the Poly offline is to put it in hotspot mode, gofigure only uses Bluetooth to connect to the poly.

Once in hotspot mode, you'll be able to connect to it using your phones wifi then stream music to it.
thanks for that, will see if I can get that going later :)

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #17,557 of 18,752
Is there a way to connect the Poly to an open Wifi network with no password? The Poly seems to need a password and doesn't like a blank entry. Unfortunately (bad practice I know), the hotel Wifi into which I'm trying to connect the Poly is an open network with no authentication. Thank you.

Jan 25, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #17,558 of 18,752
how would I get offline functionality going? I've added the Poly network but GoFigure isn't connecting even though it shows up in the list of available networks. probably something I'm not seeing but until my microSD card arrives this is the only way I'd be able to use Mojo2Poly offline. thanks :)
If go figure shows some available network, it is because you have configured its.
If you inputted a wrong code, Gofigure do not inform you.
It could be interesting to reconfigure your network in Gofigure.

Jan 25, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #17,559 of 18,752
lol if anyone sees a Poly show up in classifieds next month from me, don't get the wrong idea, I've been let go. (I haven't found out whether I'm being kept on yet.) so I'm gonna enjoy this setup for as long as I can.

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #17,562 of 18,752
check signature for either a Mojo or Poly for sale because the thing I've been dreading happened today.
Really sorry man.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #17,564 of 18,752
Do any of you know how it is possible to view the cover art embedded in each track inside the MicroSD? I use M.A.L.P and MAFA as MPD controller but with both I don't see the cover art.
I use Rigelian as an MPD controller and have a 'cover.jpg' in each folder. That's the only way I can get cover art to show up but I'm not sure if that's just Rigelian or a requirement of the MPD version.

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #17,565 of 18,752
I use Rigelian as an MPD controller and have a 'cover.jpg' in each folder. That's the only way I can get cover art to show up but I'm not sure if that's just Rigelian or a requirement of the MPD version.
Glider reads embedded cover art, but was abandoned by the developer years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back